We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Membership Levels | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Munkorn
Munkorn Apr 15 '12
Its very easy to create different membership levels, BUT how do I move existing members to other membership levels? I can't see a way to even move Admin... or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Mark
Mark Apr 16 '12
go to profile and click on change role.
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 20 '12
As John says.  Change their role.

You setup different roles for different permissions throughout the site and then add members to each role.
anthony wilson
anthony wilson Jun 25 '12
I Have the same problem I have tried to change my role but cannot get access to it as a Black block screen pops up, like I am a member not a Admin, I am the only member whilst I am setting up the sight. Can anybody HELP us
anthony wilson
anthony wilson Jun 25 '12
Thank guys all your suggestions are the normal way i change user roles and permissions, but since installing 1.4 i have no access to areas and editing on my site. I have just reinstall the site as I speak and I'm still getting the same problem. 

For instance when customizing pages!. 

When I want to the welcome panel, i would select the "customize icons" on the page (the little wheel) a BLACK POP UP SCREEN appears, which stops me from editing the page panel I want. I have deleted my SQL database so many times, please HELP.

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 1 '12
Anthony, let me know your site URL and let me know how to reproduce the issue on the user side. If it is not possible, provide me with your Admin Area access via PM.