We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Data Importer | Forum

Stan
Stan Apr 16 '12
I just recently moved to Oxwall and I have been try for the last 8 hours to transfer all my data using the data importer with no success why is this happening?
Joseph
Joseph Apr 16 '12
I am having the same problem I have followed the manual closely checked my crons had techs double check behind me and the site I am importing is not importing I did set up the site with a different main user but I figured all that info would be overwritten anyways so the importer has been sitting dead for 4 hours now
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 17 '12
Stan, can you provide me with FTP, phpMyAdmin and Admin Panel access via PM? It would be also nice if you uploaded the migration data archive to your server. We are trying to identify the issue you reporting. Thanks in advance.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 18 '12
so what mulder no help offered for me even though I have been reporting this issue for weeks?
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 18 '12
Joseph, we're open for suggestions. I'd like to check into the issue if you provided me with the access details.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 18 '12
access details have been sent now sir also let me remind you I am running a VPS so I can allow root access to make proper changes 
Stan
Stan Apr 19 '12
I have sent about 4 messages and still have had no reply and my website is still off line due to the issues that I am having with moving my website to Oxwall, please find the time to help me solve these problems so I can get my website back online.

Kind regards
Stan
Mydiarybook.co.uk
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 19 '12
One possible cause would be the cron is not set up.
Cron needs to be working otherwise the data importer will just sit there for hours doing nothing.
Stan
Stan Apr 19 '12
What information do I need to put in to set up the cron job, or what should it look like?
Stan
Stan Apr 19 '12
my friend set my cron job up and he wrote this in is this correct?
/usr/local/bin/php /home/mydiary1/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 19 '12
As long as /usr/local/bin/php is the server path to the php it looks OK from here.

Stan
Stan Apr 19 '12
yes it is correct Michael I just need to find out why my website won't let me up load my data file, anyway thank you so much for your time and help I really appreciate it :)
Stan
Stan Apr 19 '12
I got it working Michael thank you for your help :)
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 19 '12

why do you not ask me to grant permissions? when I was reporting it from the first. I lost 3000 users in this regard .. moved from Wall.fm to lose my Oxwall 3000 users and it is very sad ..

but it does not matter what ... forget it, this month I've reached 3000 again, if I already have in total the 6000 users

:( T_T

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 19 '12
I was very interested in this platform, this platform should be immediately informed to the many people

This first platform I have ever met and have something istimewah

Please Read Manual Import: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4088?page=1#post-18889