We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Manage memberships - Paid Membership | Forum

matt
matt Sep 7 '15
Hi,

At the moment, it seems that only the primary (main) admin, can edit/manage memberships of users (assign them to a plan, add number of days).

As the admin account, on our site is for er... admin. We would really like our appointed moderators to be able to assign memberships etc.

Can this feature get included, please?

Thanks!
matt
matt Sep 8 '15
Any view from you on this? The moderators of the site, really need to be able to manage memberships as part of their role.

Perhaps the class constructer in edit_membership.php? Can get adjusted.

I would really like some help with this :)

Kindest
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 9 '15

matt, I've forwarded your suggestion to our technicians. They will check what can be done here.

For now, we suggest that you do not make changes in the source code, but simply add possibility to edit membership type for a moderator. You need to perform the following steps:

1. Find a user you want to grant the possibility to edit users' membership types.

2. Add this user to the moderators list via Admin Area.

3. Find this user id in ow_base_authorization_moderator table via phpMyAdmin.

4. Go to ow_base_authorization_group table and find the id for the 'membership' group.

5. Go to ow_base_authorization_moderator_permission table and insert a new entry (leave the id field empty)

That's it.

matt
matt Sep 9 '15
Thanks for this Guys. Really helpful, and what I needed. Membership plugin seems to be working well :) Thanks
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 9 '15
You are welcome. Let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic