We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I love the new admin panel | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho Sep 9 '15
Well done on the new admin panel. I love it and now I can easily see how many users I get a day. 
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Sep 9 '15
+1
Den Team
Den Sep 9 '15
Thanks guys, forwarded your feedback to the team. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Sep 11 '15
I think Oxwall is making very good progress lately. I have benefited from Oxwall Software for several years now. And this year I felt it's time to start giving back. 

I know development is costly, therefore I have committed myself to donating financially a couple times each year. I hope I can inspire others to support this project as well. It really is worth it.

Tom
Tom Sep 21 '15
Yea, I bashed the themes pretty hard,.. looks like folks are listening. I'm actually using the default theme because how clean it is. I still had to edit some CSS but, it's a very good default theme! :) Good job! I hope it sets a standard.
Joey
Joey Sep 24 '15
Yes, new theme plus admin looks realy nice. Finally it looks fresh and from this time.

But i can not understand why onlu the menu is responsive.

why not the complete theme?

why oxwall need for mobile a seperate system? it is 2015.

i think when oxwall make this theme responsive it will get a lot of fans, and a bigger community.

Yevhen
Yevhen Sep 25 '15
+1
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 28 '15
the new admin panel rocks
needs some color changes as some things are bit hard to see and find

Wilzer
Wilzer Sep 28 '15
Me too!!

Wish we had more tools for mobile
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 4 '15
the sad thing is yes theres new cool thing admin dashboard widgets but it will end up like mobile version and all the other things that should be so cool but end up being a pile of crap as oxwall does not make dev update there plugin to use new features

so to me was a huge waste of time making the new admin panel and not spending the time on fixing what they have
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Oct 4 '15
Tammy brings up a good point. Inter-compatability between themes, plugins, and the platform is only held to a bare minimum standard. Essentially, if the plugin works on their most basic, BORING native theme, it's approved. 

With Wordpress, themes and plugins are FAR MORE compatible with each other. But Oxwall is not Wordpress. Oxwall doesn't have a fraction of the development funding Wordpress has.

But I do agree that at some point soon, some Oxwall development for MUCH better inter-compatibility between themes and plugins needs to be addressed. 

As it stands now, all risk is on the buyer of the plugin or theme. If you buy a plugin that doesn't work with your theme, you end up having to either beg and plead for a refund or give access to yet another person to your admin and ftp and server....etc. so they can try to fix. It's quite a pain in the ass. But I have experienced that just getting a damn refund is like trying to pull a tree out of the ground with your bare hands. 

I would estimate that I have about $200 to $300 worth of plugins I can't use with each other or with my theme. 

I would much rather have donated that money to Oxwall development. It would have gone to much better use. And there is the key. Oxwall development is limited by funding. 

I have my oxwall site pretty much where I want it. It runs great, has everything it needs, and it's even making a bit of money for me. 

But I want to see Oxwall continue to get better and better. It's now time to give back. I would suggest that you don't spend money on plugins that you're not sure will work, and take that money and donate to Oxwall Development, with feedback about better inter-compatibility standards between core, plugins, and themes. 

The $200 to $300 of wasted money on plugins would be better spent funding Oxwall core development. I'm done buying plugins. (sorry third party devs). My money is now going to Oxwall core development.