We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Issue - Paid Membership | Forum

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Sep 11 '15
Someone can register as a VIP Paid membership on the join page without being taken to a billing screen and we have the paypal plugin to take payments with. It actually allows them right in to the paid account without even paying. Can this issue be resolved?

Regards,.
Bobby B.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 13 '15

Bobby, for now there is no possibility to force users to pay during the registration process. All we can suggest is to limit the access by unchecking all actions (permissions) for the default role (the role users receive after the registration), so then a user will have to subscribe to use features they need. 

However, we are going to implement the possibility for admins to configure the memberships on the registration form. This feature will be implemented in the nearest future.

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Sep 13 '15
Hello,

Ok that sounds great! However when someone if a default user clicks on subscribe it only shows the default role and doesn't show any of the paid membership roles is there a reason for this?

Regards,

Bobby
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 14 '15
Bobby, seems the plugin Paid Membership was not configured correctly. Please read this manual for more details: http://www.oxwall.org/...e35553dd2d04a938.pdf

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Sep 14 '15
Hello Skalfa LLC,

I have done exactly what this says. And everything shows in the plugin just fine, but on the subscription page it is not displaying any of the memberships, it's just displaying the "Default Basic" Membership in which I should be able to see all the paid memberships I have setup. I have one default role and then a vip paid member role.

Regards,

Bobby B.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 15 '15
Bobby, as far as I can see you have several account types, so please make sure that you've created paid plans for all account types.

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Sep 15 '15
Hello,

Ok here is some screen shots of what I have. Do I have to create a role for each account type correct? And use the same name right?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Sep 18 '15
Hello,

Ok so when a member joined using the membership "VIP Silver" it assigned two roles to that member, VIP Silver and VIP Platinum, and billed them at 19.99 for 90 days recurring. Why would it assign two roles to that user at the silver package?

Regards,

Bobby B.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 21 '15
Bobby, when a user subscribe to a membership, the system assign the role which is connected to that membership only. The situation you are talking about can happen only if a user has already had the VIP Platinum role assigned and after they purchased the VIP Silver membership, the system assigned the VIP Silver role in addition to the VIP Platinum role. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic