We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

features - Password Protected Photo Albums | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Sep 15 '15
would be better if this plugin allowed privacy to selected user names and not just by password only each album should have security levels friends only,public,password,selected users.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 15 '15
Thank you for the suggestion. We will forward it to our product designers.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 16 '15
User Roles can be added? I do not want to be available for everyone
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 16 '15
Patricia, for now the user roles can be added as a custom code modification only. But we will consider this idea. Thank you.
Lars Nilsem
Lars Nilsem Sep 19 '15
Hi

We totally agri with Joseph. 

If this plugin come with the feature "selected users" we will buy this plugin immediately. It would be grate to delete the other login called "private albums" as we now could only have one plugin for all pictures.

Hope you strongly consider to get this with "selected users"

Anyway..great job :)

Jordi
Jordi Sep 19 '15
any plans to make selected users and user roles?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 21 '15
Jordi, as we have already mentioned, we have forwarded it to our design department and they will consider adding this feature. 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 25 '15
Got my eye on this one to see if some of the changes may be incorporated. I like that it is integrated. Hopefully meaning fewer conflicts.
Lars Nilsem
Lars Nilsem Oct 4 '15
Hi.

We have now started to use this plugin on our site, and so far we and our members are satisfied, but we do have especially two wishes.
1. Pictures in password protected albums are showing in the picture feed. The picture is of course not visible, but they are there with just a picture of a photo camera with the text "Password protected picture". Our members dont like this of 2 reasons. 1. They get insecure if other members see theyr protected photo. 2. They think it gets confusing when password-protected images are mixed into all the other images that are open.
And our last request is the possibility to also get the opportunity to choose between password protected and selected users.
Thanks for a good plugin, keep up the good work :)
Regards

Jordi
Jordi Oct 19 '15
Would be great if a extra button is added to the photo section. A button to hide password proctected photo's from the photo section.

Thanks

Lars Nilsem
Lars Nilsem Oct 21 '15
Hi.

I agree with Jordi that it would be greate to hide password protected photos from the photo section. This plugin is well used and our members really like it, but ther are espessialy two things we get "complains" from our members about.
1. Ability to also choose protection "selected users".
2. Hide password protected photos from the photo section.
Jordi
Jordi Nov 10 '15
When can we expect the update? The photowall is turning black ;-)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 10 '15
Unfortunately, I don't have any details or time estimate to share for now.
Ilja
Ilja Nov 23 '15
I agree. this should support at least User roles. Just bought the plugin and realized, it's available for absolutely everyone ://
Ilja
Ilja Nov 23 '15
 "Pictures in password protected albums are showing in the picture feed." +1 as well
Jordi
Jordi Jan 25 '16
Hello,

Any news about hiding the photo's in the photowall?

thanks

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 25 '16

Jordi, if a photo is password protected or available to the owner's friends only, the photo will not appear on the Browse Photo page, except if the site admin browses the list of photos. We implemented the possibility for admin to see all photos to avoid illegal or inappropriate content.

If I took you wrong - please specify what do you mean by 'hiding the photo's in the photowall'

Jordi
Jordi Jan 26 '16
Thats waht i mean, but it doesnt work... i still see with my test account all locked photo's in the foto's browse page ( photo/viewlist/latest ) 

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 26 '16

Jordi, if you are talking about the photo protected by password, then it should show up on the Photo Browse page, but it's hidden by the lock image. If the photo is private (available to friends only), then the photo does not show up on the Photo Browse page and can be found only in the user's album.

For now, the password protected photos show up on the Browse Photo page, but we as we can see it's very essential to hide them from the list, so we will consider this suggestion and implement it in future.

Jordi
Jordi Jan 27 '16
Ok i hope there is a update soon. 

Thanks

Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic