We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Right to Left Problem - Help to resolve !! | Forum

Alqutob
Alqutob Apr 20 '12

Oxwall is a very interesting software to a great number of Arabic, Hebrew, Persian , etc Webmasters .

We are in alljordan.net team had finished translating All Oxwall V. 1.3.2 files to Arabic Language including the install directory files (Arabic installation).

But the big problem is the Right to Left Direction is depending on many other files not only the Theme files .

Adjusting and modifying the theme css is not the only step to get the suitable result.

My Testings gave me a conclusion that many other files need to be edited or modified starting from the install.sql file .

The (RTL), (rtl), (leftCssClass), (rightCssClass) inputs in the install.sql file must be Compatible with the same inputs in other (ow_plugins) and (ow_system_plugins) folders ’  files .

So, it is Oxwall Team responsibility now to help resolving this problem .

Some instructions more than we read about in the forum is needed.

It is time to hear from Developers .

Give us some instructions to start using this great script.

Using the script without modifying its appearance will be distorted  

You may check here

http://banatelhalal.net/abc/ 

Our feedback is the way 4 the script to reach its goals.We worked on the script translating since 1.2.6 V.We finished translating all the script files and all the Store plugins files but we can not use it in our sites or release it to Arabic webmasters because of the directions (RTL, LTR) problem.Help us resolve this problem .

Den Team
Den Apr 20 '12

Hello,

Would you post an exact list of change you had to done for RTL implementation?

I will think what can be done with that. 

Thanks

Alqutob
Alqutob Apr 20 '12
Thank you Addenster for your reply

We want to know the principles that determine the direction of the script as it is ( left to right ) and that may be change to have it right to left.May some instructions be helpful for us to get the needed result.I tried tens of times to install the script after changing all the (left, right, rtl, ltr ) to (right, left, ltr, rtl ) in all of the script files but got many errors and all menu bar items ( forum, links, dashboard, index, etc. ) were disappeared.SomeTimes I made the changes on the ow_theme files only but never get the needed result .I hope The Dev. Team try to take this problem into considerationThank you 

Den Team
Den Apr 23 '12
Hey,

All oxwall themes were created using the ltr direction. I believe this is not so easy idea to change it to rtl by change some strings in code. I am afraid to say you, that we don't have enough resources to implement in in all default themes. 

That's why I would suggest you to create your own theme. And use rtl direction from the first steps of theme integration.

bnsbanis
bnsbanis Mar 21 '14
i can resolve rtl problem in oxwall for arabic langage or any others rtl langage ...if sameone help me disabling standt captcha from join page ...pls reply here
Mohammad
Mohammad Mar 21 '14
@All-jordan.tk,I made a plugin here which still is in beta but work well for supported area

Second solution for 90% of Oxwall default themes is to use  Solutions which provided in Persian community (A separate Plugin + separate CSS code) . this way you can have both LTR and RTL languages at the same time.if you need this feature contact me or from partners contact Persian representative 

@Den, yes,it require much more resources if you think for the way to do it but there are smart solutions for this to solve which does not require a lot of resources at all.just give it a shoot ;)

bnsbanis
bnsbanis Mar 23 '14
its very simple to resolve ltr   to rtl ....i just ask if sameone can help for disbling stand captcha....