We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New install - error after changing config.php | Forum

Patsy
Patsy Apr 23 '12
I am anxious to play with Oxwall.....  Have done 2 fresh installs in case my first was not completed correctly; however, after the second install am stopped at the same place.  My steps were:

1.  Downloaded Oxwall
2.  Unzipped on local drive then uploaded to server
3.  Following your Install instructions online was able to add database details
4.  After pressing the continue button I get this error:
The page isn't redirecting properly  Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.  This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I do not have cookies disabled.

Suggestions:

www.earnwhilegiving.com

Thanks,
Patsy

Edited:  Contacted my ISP and it appears they only have Apache1.3 and Oxwall requires Apache2.0 or higher -- what a bummer as I really wanted to give this a try.  Guess ixwebhosting is not the place to be if you want to run Oxwall.
The Forum post is edited by Patsy Apr 23 '12
DeFender
DeFender Apr 23 '12
try to rename htaccess to htaccess.txt
The Forum post is edited by DeFender Apr 23 '12
Patsy
Patsy Apr 23 '12
Hey DeFender,
Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. The original .htaccess file before renaming shows 623 in size and after I rename the file it drops to 14.

I looked at the database to see if I needed to clear out anything then try a 3rd fresh install  -- apparently, the install has not gotten to the point of creating the tables yet.

Any other suggestions?

Patsy
The Forum post is edited by Patsy Apr 23 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 30 '12
So did you change your hosting to one that meets our server requirements? Does the issue persist?
Sreekanth
Sreekanth Apr 11 '13
I am facing the same issue. After selecting the plugins on click of Finish I am getting the error saying the page isn't rediercting properly.
Please help me asap.
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 11 '13
Make sure your site URL is correct in the config.php file.
Sreekanth
Sreekanth Apr 11 '13
Dear Michael,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I found out that the issue is due to something else. Still I am not sure why is it happened.
public function init()
{
// Comment out this urlHostRedirect() and the site will open without the error
// $this->urlHostRedirect();

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/148
Thanks for your support.

Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 12 '13
So you've resolved the problem, right?
Sreekanth
Sreekanth Apr 17 '13
Done Michael, Thanks