We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't log in to my site | Forum

Ryan
Ryan Oct 3 '15

Hello, I am hoping you can help me...

I cannot log into my site. No site links are working. I don't know if these two things are related or not.  Can anyone help me figure out why?

Attached is a picture pointing to the links I am having problems with. I don't know if this has anything to do with one of my plugins or not.  Please let me know what further information is necessary to solve this.

Thank you!!

The Forum post is edited by Ryan Oct 3 '15
Attachments:
  links.png (67Kb)
Ryan
Ryan Oct 3 '15

My site is located here...

VioletLeaf.org

Wilzer
Wilzer Oct 4 '15
Same thing happen to my site  www.ytcspb.net ; cPannel shows that SQL databases are not working - may have something to do with setting up cron job
Ryan
Ryan Oct 4 '15

Why would cron stop me from being able to log in?

How would that effect all the links on my site?

.htaccess maybe? But I have not edited my .htaccess file at all.

The Forum post is edited by Ryan Oct 4 '15
Ryan
Ryan Oct 4 '15
I just checked in my CPanel, ...my cron job is set up correctly.
Ryan
Ryan Oct 4 '15
This is what my .htaccess file looks like.  To me it looks normal...

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

#RewriteRule (.*) index.php

The Forum post is edited by Ryan Oct 4 '15
Ryan
Ryan Oct 4 '15
One other thing I notice is that even though I've cleared my cache it is retaining my old favicon from when I was using the retro theme.

... strange...

ross Team
ross Oct 4 '15
Chris +1
Quote from Chris_W
Quote from Ryan This is what my .htaccess file looks like.  To me it looks normal...

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

#RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Just noticed, the last line of your .htaccess is wrong, it shouldn't have a "#" at the start. That renders the line a comment and "RewriteRule (.*) index.php" is required for the site to work.

Ryan
Ryan Oct 5 '15
Ah... ok. Thank you for helping me! 
ross Team
ross Oct 5 '15
Please let us know if the issue resolved after removing the commenting of the line. 
Ryan
Ryan Oct 5 '15
I am so sorry.  But I didn't see that response.  I just decided that I would delete and reinstall.  I didn't see that reply until I had already wiped it out.  After I reinstall I will change the .htaccess to reflect the above and see if that was the same problem and then change it back if it is.  Again, I'm sorry.  I didn't see it in time.  I am subscribed for new posts but for some reason I never got an email saying I had a new reply and it had been a couple of days.
ross Team
ross Oct 5 '15
Ok, keep us updated. 
Ryan
Ryan Oct 12 '15

Just noticed, the last line of your .htaccess is wrong, it shouldn't have a "#" at the start.

Yes,  that was in fact the problem that was creating the issue I was having.  You have incredible eyes for seeing such a small detail!

Thank you for your help!

ross Team
ross Oct 12 '15
Great, thanks for letting us know.