We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugins | Forum

Paul Towery
Paul Towery Oct 8 '15
I am having some problems. When i add an inactive plugin and then go back to the Main page after it has successfully loaded, my main page goes to a Cache Text page. This will only happen with inactive plugins.

The Active plugins, i can take out and put back in with no problems.

I am running 1.8.0 platform, and all plugins have been upgraded with oxwall's release for the upgrade.

i am running the New Simplicity Theme, and i have changed to different themes just to see if that would make a difference...it did not help.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul.

After doing some more adding and taking out plugins, it seems the only ones giving me problems are the BLOG and Forum plugin...

i have tried many times to uninstall the BLOG and FORUM PLUGIN, they will not uninstall. The screens says it is in progress but it does not do the job....

Does anybody have a clue as to what may be the problem. 

The Forum post is edited by Paul Towery Oct 8 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 8 '15
is your cron set up right as i think them 2 plugin use cron to remove blog and forum post on uninstall them
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Oct 8 '15
i have checked the Cron settings and they are correct, but this is what i am getting when i install the inactive blog plugin: and then go to the main page. I have to reverse with the back up click so i don't get stuck with this page and deactivate the plugin as it will not uninstall because it says it is in progress and doing nothing.

see attached photo

Attachments:
  Plugin problem.png (566Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 8 '15
try uninstal then clear cache  to see if main site comes good
then wait 20 muinte or longer depending on how much content it has to remove
for the plugin to finish uninstall process
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Oct 8 '15
are you talking about using the cache cleaner or clearing my browser.... i installed the blog plugin, then went back to my main page and it looked just like the one i posted here. I then cleared my browser...oops....then i had to go the Admin page and sign back in to my site...and reinstall the blog plugin and then go to my main page to see if it went back to normal and it did...but the plugin is still there...i am bald now...any more ideas, it would not uninstall either.

Yours Truly, 

The Bald Guy... :(

ross Team
ross Oct 8 '15
Paul, disable all 3rd party plugins and any javascript code you inserted on your website, switch to the default theme and repeart your steps, see if the issue persists. 

If it does, please PM me your admin details and CPanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 

ross Team
ross Oct 11 '15
Paul your error log is full of this error: Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused 

database was either offline or being accessed incorrectly.  Perhaps an incorrect port or socket path? Contact your hosting provider to resolve that issue.