We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Starting New Install V1.8.0 Issue | Forum

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Oct 9 '15
Hello,

When uploading all files that have been unzipped from the oxwall file folder and uploading them via FTP. When trying to refresh to the screen for setup, it displays a white blank screen. However we have the system set to the apache module and setup the database. This is a completely new install.

Regards,
Bobby
ross Team
ross Oct 11 '15
Check if your server 100% meets our server requirements first:http://www.oxwall.org/hosting
Bob Brown
Bob Brown Oct 12 '15
Hello,

Ross I'm pretty sure my server meets the requirements lol, we have multiple application instants running on our server's. And I got it to install so you can close this help topic out. Also I need to know if there is some kind of API or general auto application installer that we may be able to integrate into our application system threw our plesk panel?

Regards,
Bobby
ross Team
ross Oct 12 '15
What was the reason of the issue? 

As to the auto installer, I don't know whether plesk has softaculuous, but most CPanels do. Also there's a software called installotron, But I do not recommend to use them, personally I prefer manual installation as you're responsible for all the steps of the installation and know when there's an error and what caused it, in case of auto installers, there can be some server failures, the software is installed incorrectly and you don't even know about it.