We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newfeed bug (Creates blank pages) [Solved] - Video | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 9 '15
This is how I have figured it out,

If you add a video with a link in your newsfeed such as https://youtu.be/YbYWhdLO43Q then after the video shows/loads you delete the link this will cause the generated link to be blank. I'll try to run the steps bit by bit.

1.Visit your dashboard and paste a youtube link

2.After the preview loads before hitting "send" delete the link.

3.Hit send and the video will work (on the newsfeed) however it creates a blank white page on the video page.

4.This bug only happens if you delete the link before hitting send in your newsfeed.

The only reason I bring this up is you could image the issue this would cause if 50+ users didn't want the youtube link to show so they deleted it and then hit send you would have pages and pages of white blanks on your video page.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Oct 13 '15
Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 9 '15
Another issue is trying to delete the white pages because you can't get to them. I'll see what I can figure out.
Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 9 '15

Quote from Kenneth Another issue is trying to delete the white pages because you can't get to them. I'll see what I can figure out.

Inside phpmyadmin you can find ow_video_clip Find the videos you wish to remove and hit delete blank pages are now gone.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Oct 9 '15
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 13 '15
Kenneth, when you delete the parsed video, all you get is a link in the newsfeed and there's nothing to play, the newsfeed item consists of the link only, there will be no video to play
Please try to reproduce the issue on our demo website as we cannot reproduce the issue according to your steps
Kenneth
Kenneth Oct 13 '15

Quote from Oxwall Software Kenneth, when you delete the parsed video, all you get is a link in the newsfeed and there's nothing to play, the newsfeed item consists of the link only, there will be no video to play
Please try to reproduce the issue on our demo website as we cannot reproduce the issue according to your steps

I have a theory, Because I use SEO plug-in it does not work correctly if you remove the link before posting because it automatically changes the names of the links after added to oxwall. So this is in fact not a problem within this plug-in.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 19 '15
Great, please contact plugin developer to resolve the issue.
You do not have permission to reply this topic