We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

server misconfiguration | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
bobbi
bobbi Oct 11 '15
please do not move this post to the advance poke forum as the dev cannot fix this issue he has looked into this already

the issue is since my site was migrated to a new datacenter the advance poke just hangs firebug returns a 403 error now the dev of this plug in says it is a server misconfiguration but doesnt know where or how so i am reaching out here 

how can i get this fixed i am running 1.8 and updating platform did not fix this problem, i havent asked my host which is arvixe this is due to the mess they are in at the moment it will take a year to get a answer especially if i dont have the right info to ask them

once i know what the issue is server side then i will ask arvixe but i need to know exactly what i have to ask them to do to fix this 

my old server was running php 5.3 the new server runs php 5.4 

bobbi
bobbi Oct 12 '15
Doesn't help at all, the issue is the advance poker plug in hangs when you run firebug it shows a 403 error the Dev says it is a server misconfiguration but does not know how to resolve it

So my question is how to resolve this, only happens on the advance poker nothing else on the site is affected is there something server side which needs to be enabled, my host support is next to useless right now which is why I ask here
ross Team
ross Oct 12 '15
You have mod_security module enabled on your server, contact your hosting provider to disable it. 
bobbi
bobbi Oct 12 '15
Thank you Ross, I will ask arvixe to enable it but dont hold out too much hope that it will be done anytime soon
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 13 '15
you should be able to disable it in cpanel
bobbi
bobbi Oct 13 '15
Thanks tammy I don't know if I can do this myself as I have a business class shared server
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 15 '15
IF you pm me your email address and Arvixe ticket # I can have someone pull the ticket for you. :)
bobbi
bobbi Dec 3 '15
Sorry yes it resolved, arvixe disable mod security for me and now the advanced poker plug in works