We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installed and wondering how this works - AddPipe Video Profiles | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho Oct 12 '15
I have just installed this and now I kinda wonder how this works.  I only see a widget for it in my profile but it is a editable widget with nothing in it. How does a user create a video?

When i go to the addpipe tab this is all I see

Here is my setup

When I run a test it says this

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Oct 12 '15
Octavian from Pipe
Octavian from Pipe Oct 12 '15
Hello Josh, have you followed the installation instructions located at http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/41616 ?
The Forum post is edited by Octavian from Pipe Oct 12 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Oct 12 '15
Yes I uploaded the correct folders to the correct locations. Went to admin panel and installed it then I entered the hash to the account. I even added a amazon s3 bucket to the account. I 100% did everything.
The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Oct 12 '15
bob
bob Oct 12 '15

Quote from JoshWho OWa-Support Yes I uploaded the correct folders to the correct locations. Went to admin panel and installed it then I entered the hash to the account. I even added a amazon s3 bucket to the account. I 100% did everything.
Okay  I did embed the recorder and it works on my test site but don't understand the were to put the folders but the recorder does work  
Octavian from Pipe
Octavian from Pipe Oct 13 '15

Quote from JoshWho OWa-Support Turns out it does work but it uses a old Adobe Flash Plugin and Firefox tells me it is out of date. Google chrome totally blocks it from being used. Until it gets changed to html5 or a secure version of flash Im not going to use it for the safety of my users and my site it self.

Nothing against the idea though. I love it. I just can't risk using it until it gets updated to html5. There is a big vulnerability with that  flash plugin that makes it easy to exploit and it would be dangerous to use.

Hello Josh,

The currently available HTML5 video recording API isn't mature enough to be used on a large scale or for casual users, since many of them still use crippled browsers (such as Internet Explorer) or old versions of Firefox/Chrome. That's a major drawback on implementing new interesting technologies and a sacrifice we had to make when we launched the service.

There is no security threat if you keep your flash plugin and browser updated. Google Chrome browser comes with a built in flash player which is decoupled from the "traditional", system-installed flash player and gets updated with every new version of the browser itself. We strongly recommend on using it.

JoshWho
JoshWho Oct 13 '15
Google Chrome blocks it. When i use it on firefox it shows a warning message. This will scare alot of new people joining the site and trusting it.
Octavian from Pipe
Octavian from Pipe Oct 13 '15
Hi,  

Firefox is known to block Flash content when the Flash Player version installed on the computer (in this case your computer) is out of date.

A similar cause  (either Chrome itself or just Flash Player being out of date) could lead to Chrome blocking Flash content.

Can you check your Flash Player version at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

We recommend installing the latest Flash Player version (19.0.0.207) and upgrading Chrome to the latest version (45). This will ensure Flash content will not be blocked.

The following Chrome Support Answer suggests the same course of action:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?hl=en

The Forum post is edited by Octavian from Pipe Oct 14 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Oct 13 '15
I re installed it. I updated Firefox and it no longer shows the warning message but i still can not get it to work with chrome yet. I am using linux though so maybe they just haven't update chrome for it yet. Let me know if you are able to use it with chrome on windows.   http://www.buddylist.co
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic