We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Settings won't load when customizing main page | Forum

Erica
Erica Apr 27 '12

Hi,

When I'm logged in as an administrator, go to the Main page and click on "Customize this page" and then click on any item's "Settings" button (the gear) a box pops up with two small arrows turning around each other in the middle - and nothing else happens. I've tried waiting for over ten minutes and still nothing happens. The settings options never load, so I can't make any changes.

I know I have an issue with my cron job (I'm still waiting for my webhost to help me with that), but I don't know if that could cause it or if it's something else?

Erica

Michael I.
Michael I. May 5 '12
Did you add any custom JavaScript code to the website? Try checking your page with Firebug extension and make sure you don't have any errors in console.
Joseph
Joseph May 5 '12
URL?
Erica
Erica May 7 '12

I haven't added any custom javascript.

url: dethuletrae.dk

I've fixed my cron job now, by the way. The problem still persists though. (Also, in firefox, when doing what I described in the first post, it redirects to a blank page that never finishes loading anything. I usually use IE, so I hadn't noticed before.)

I've tried the firebug thing (in FF) - please see attachments for details (I don't know what to make of them).

Attachments:
  Nyt billede (3).bmp (6890.68Kb)
  Nyt billede (4).bmp (6890.68Kb)
  Nyt billede (5).bmp (6890.68Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. May 13 '12
Erica, can you PM me your Admin Panel, FTP and phpMyAdmin details so that we could check into the issue?
Erica
Erica May 16 '12
Quote from aka_le_Mulder
Erica, can you PM me your Admin Panel, FTP and phpMyAdmin details so that we could check into the issue?

PM sent :)