We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Please Help Username and/or Real Name missing on Registration page | Forum

Steve
Steve Oct 19 '15
When someone try's to register the registration screen does not have the question Username or the question Real Name and when they fill out everything else it kicks up an error500...according to the error log it has to do with username...I am running it on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 with 2 duel 2.0 GHZ CPU with 8 gigs of memory and 300 Gig hard drive, My operating system is windows server 2003 and xampp-win32-1.8.2-6-VC9...Any help will be appreciated...Thank you.
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 19 '15
Steve
Steve Oct 19 '15
The sad thing is I like this program a lot but I am the only one registered at the moment because no one else can register because of this problem.
ross Team
ross Oct 19 '15
Steve, this issue is due to the Windows server configuration. Please PM me your Cpanel access details and admin website access details, we'll take a look into the issue. 
Steve
Steve Oct 19 '15
I would but I have one problem I don't use Cpanel I own these servers and they are at my location.
Steve
Steve Oct 19 '15
This is what I am talking about
ross Team
ross Oct 19 '15
Yes, I know, do you have FTP, phpmyadmin access details then?
Steve
Steve Oct 19 '15
I don't use FTP...My phpmyadmin access is server=localhost, user=root, password=badboy, database=occhat

I load everything manually
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 19 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '15
I'm sorry but we need access to the server in order to check the issue and fix it
Steve
Steve Oct 20 '15
Sorry folks there is no HELP even though I have given them a way to have full access to my computer through TeamViewer but their response to that was this...

Steve

I have used teamviewer to setup game servers on other peoples computers in the past. Works great gives you full access

09:48AM ross I understand that, but we do not practise such things, it is just an internal procedure, I'm really sorry. 

09:49AM ross we need an actual access to the live server

It appears they only help people that have Cpanel

ross Team
ross Oct 20 '15
Steve, as I noted in PM we need an actual access to the live server, otherwise we won't be able to assist you. 
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '15
Please do not duplicate your posts. 
Steve
Steve Oct 20 '15
Just what is an actual access to the live server are you talking about? Don't say Cpanel Team Viewer gives you full control much more than Cpanel ever would.

Fine I will contact Emil Sarnogoev and explain the situation to him...since no one here is willing to help. 
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 20 '15
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '15
Actual access is via FTP and phpmyadmin or SSH or Cpanel
Steve
Steve Nov 2 '15
@Ross

I got the problem fixed it only took me a week to do it...This is what I did to fix it.

1. I wiped out my server and reinstalled the OS and did all of the updates.

2. Then I installed zpanel.

3. I then installed oxwall manually and ran it and configured it.

I think the problem I was having was with the programs binding which zpanel took care of for me.

I am still having problems with the facebook login interface...but I will search the forums for that fix.

ross Team
ross Nov 2 '15
Great, thanks for letting us know. 
Steve
Steve Nov 2 '15
@Ross

I also owe you an apology for being a royal pain in the ass.

Oh yea I have come to the conclusion in order for the facebook connect to work, your site has to have SSL installed like facebook does.

ross Team
ross Nov 2 '15
No problem, we are glad you worked things out. 

As to the facebook connect - not really, you don't need SSL to make it work. 

Please create a separate post with error you get, if you get one. Provide screenshots of the FB app settings and we'll try to assist you. 

Trustosa
Trustosa Apr 7
On Instagram, thanks to the information from your website I exposed the scammers. Having presented them with facts of deception, these arguments received silence and blocking in response, I don’t know how they wanted to deceive me, but with the help of the article they managed to expose the fake page, no worse than a private detective. I recommend to all.