We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't send Group/Event Invites! | Forum

Eddie Hayes
Eddie Hayes Oct 19 '15
I can't seem to send Group/Event Invites. When I load the Invite Box, it states there are no users to invite. When I click on the Search Box inside the Invite Box, it won't let me type and just highlights the words "Search Members".
David
David Oct 19 '15
Same issue here
ross Team
ross Oct 19 '15
Neither default group nor default event invite box has a search box. 

Did you modify the group/events plugins?
The users appear in the invite box if you have any friends, you can invite only friends. Do you have any friends on the website? 

Eddie Hayes
Eddie Hayes Oct 23 '15
I have several friends on my site. The invite box appears, but I can't click the search box inside the invite box..... I can't select any users to invite either.....
Attachments:
  invite_issue_1.jpg (80Kb)
ross Team
ross Oct 25 '15
Eddie, let me note again that neither group not event invite box has search box. It is added by some 3rd party plugin or you customized the software. 

Please disable plugin or revert the changes you did. Check if the issue persists then. 

Eddie Hayes
Eddie Hayes Oct 29 '15
I've not installed any 3rd party software!
ross Team
ross Oct 29 '15
Eddie, if you not installed any 3rd party plugins from the Oxwall store, that mean you did some customizations to the plugins, as default plugins does not have any search in the invite box. Revert the changes you did and then we'll proceed. 
Eddie
Eddie Nov 21 '15
I've not customised anything!!!!!
ross Team
ross Nov 22 '15
How come there's a search in the invite box? Default plugins does not have such box. See screenshot

Eddie, invitations are sent via cron, that means that after somebody sends the invitation, it appears in the ow_base_mail table in the database, then when the cron runs ( if it runs at all and properly configured) the table clears out and sends those mails to mail server, as long as the table clears out, software is no longer responsible for the mail. You can check these steps, check the table, check your cron is properly configured

The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 22 '15
Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2015-11-23 10:11:55.png (145Kb)
ross Team
ross Nov 22 '15
Eddit, turns out that search box is added by Group cover plugin, please disable it and see if the issue with invite persists. 
Eddie
Eddie Nov 23 '15
That seems to have sorted it. Any reason why it's doing that?
ross Team
ross Nov 23 '15
Unfortunately I don't know, contact plugin developer to resolve the issue