We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing the color of the typing boxes, where in CSS can I find this? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Paul
Paul Oct 21 '15

Which part of the CSS and what phrases should I look for?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 21 '15
Hey Paul. See my response on your footer menu question. You can also use inspect element in this case as well. The same as the footer; it may be slightly different depending on the theme you are using.
Just an added note. If you are using Firefox browser. Get the firebug add on. It will give you an option to inspect element with firebug. It gives more options that just using inspect element. I would be glad to help where I can with the css.
Paul
Paul Oct 21 '15
Thanx for helping me out again. Im using the Darklets theme as you mentioned in the other thread. (My website is www.ldodkverbindt.nl) Im learning how to use inspect element right now... just need to figure out how to turn them into a proper css code..

Some screenshots:

Could you help me out on the code.. (cause Im not sure where to put the text area part)

The Forum post is edited by Paul Oct 21 '15
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 21 '15
I was just playing with the darklets theme. I did find that the text area in the newsfeed was a little more of a trick since they were also using an image there.
If you want to change all of the text areas use this. If you just want to change the newsfeed text area, just use the second one. I just put some colors in the test. I have been playing with the rgba colors. They are good if you have a background, and want to see it through your elements. the color:ghostwhite, is the font color I was testing with.

textarea{
    Background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
}
body textarea.ow_newsfeed_status_input {
background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
color:ghostwhite;
background-image:none;
}
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 21 '15
of course the custom css goes in the custom css in the admin panel. It only affects the theme you are currently using.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 21 '15
I seen you were looking at the photo css. Here's a complete list all the way up through the list, upload, and album selection. I've also included the textarea css. I gave you on the other post. Some css changes aren't so straight forward. some elements are lumped with others, and if you change it, you change them all. Some you may not want to change. That's where firebug is a little better. It's a bit more difficult to explain, but you can get a direct css path to an element. I'm no coder, but I have played around enough to have learned a few things.
Again. The colors I have in the css file were just added to check to see the change in inspect element.

I made a couple more tweaks, and uploaded it again. The one thing I have learned is that there are always some small things that you have to go back to.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Oct 21 '15
Attachments:
  Paul Darklets.txt (1Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 21 '15
Just noticed the other screen shot. You don't really want to change the base css for the theme in cpanel. You want to go to admin panel/appearance/customize, and click on the css tab. You will see the existing css, and below that is a box that says edit css. This is where you place your custom css. If you make changes to the base css in the admin panel, you will loose them if the theme is updated.
Paul
Paul Oct 22 '15
Thanx again Darryl for all your effort. My results so far:

textarea{
    Background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
}

gives this result:

I want the text box to be white so I made these changes in the code:

}textarea{

background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0);

color:black;}
result:

So we're getting there :) only need to get rid of this darkgrey beam thats still there in in the top of the box. You can see it in both screenshots.
}textarea
{

background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0);

background-image:none;

color:black;}
And now its working perfectly ok. Im going to check your other tweaks now, because there's still plenty of dark parts to get rid of.

The Forum post is edited by Paul Oct 22 '15
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 22 '15
Great. Have fun customizing. 
fegec39300
fegec39300 Jul 22 '23

Great post but I was wondering if you could write a little more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks in advance! Langit69 Slot

Mehmood Alam
Mehmood Alam Jul 31 '23
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. 플레이포커 머니상
fegec39300
fegec39300 Aug 1 '23
This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: 플레이포커 머니상
Mehmood Alam
Mehmood Alam Aug 1 '23
This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. 플레이포커 머니상
famide
famide Aug 1 '23
I am constantly surprised by the amount of information accessible on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well written to get your stand on this over to all your readers. Thanks a lot my dear. darknet market statistics
famide
famide Aug 1 '23
I am constantly surprised by the amount of information accessible on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well written to get your stand on this over to all your readers. Thanks a lot my dear. darknet market statistics
rot
rot Aug 2 '23
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. ufabet888
rot
rot Aug 3 '23
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. ufabet777
fegec39300
fegec39300 Aug 3 '23
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. ufabet เว็บหลัก
rot
rot Aug 5 '23
"Step into a world of luxury at Mugaraoke, Suwon's ultimate Shirt Room admired by Hyundae Jeon Ji-hyun. Prepare to be enchanted by our sophisticated ambiance and an extensive Karaoke selection. Our service is beyond compare, ensuring a memorable experience. Discover Suwon's best-kept secret—a lavish affair that fits your budget perfectly. Book now and enjoy a night to remember!" 수원가라오케
farhan
farhan Aug 8 '23
You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. ufabet888
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »