We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Recorded video deleted on profile but not from addpipe.com account? - AddPipe Video Profiles | Forum

ketkew
ketkew Oct 26 '15
Hi,
I have a few questions:

1) I see that once you decide to record another video, the old video is deleted on your profile (which is fine to me). BUT, the video is not deleted on the AddPipe.com account, which will cause huge disk-space after a while? Also, my users should be convinced that the video is deleted, which is because the new video is displayed on their profile but actually it isn't because it is still at the AddPipe.com account...

2) Users should be able to delete the recorded video via their profile (so also on the addpipe.com account), would this be added in a future update because as administrator I'm not gonna delete user videos manually...
The Forum post is edited by ketkew Oct 26 '15
Octavian from Pipe
Octavian from Pipe Nov 9 '15

Quote from ketkew Hi,
I have a few questions:

1) I see that once you decide to record another video, the old video is deleted on your profile (which is fine to me). BUT, the video is not deleted on the AddPipe.com account, which will cause huge disk-space after a while? Also, my users should be convinced that the video is deleted, which is because the new video is displayed on their profile but actually it isn't because it is still at the AddPipe.com account.
2) Users should be able to delete the recorded video via their profile (so also on the addpipe.com account), would this be added in a future update because as administrator I'm not gonna delete user videos manually...
Hello ketkew, regarding your issues:

1) at the moment the plugin deletes the videos from OxWall's db. The videos still remain in your Pipe account from where they can be manually deleted. 
We are however working on a REST API which will ease the communication (including the removal of videos) between the OxWall plugin and the Pipe account. Once this REST API is live we will be able to update the OxWall plugin to allow for automatic deletion of videos from the Pipe account when they're removed by OxWall users.
2) You are right about users being able to delete their video profiles without recording a new (blank) one. We will strongly consider this feature with the next update.

The Forum post is edited by Octavian from Pipe Nov 10 '15
ketkew
ketkew Nov 10 '15
Great! Thanks for the response ☺
ketkew
ketkew Dec 8 '15
The REST API is available, when can we expect a plugin update?
You do not have permission to reply this topic