We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I can't install Oxwall on wampserver | Forum

W.SNEIJDER
W.SNEIJDER Oct 30 '15
Hello everybody

I have a trouble with Oxwall's Installation on wampserver. I am using the latest wampserver and I activate the rewrite_module but when i am on finalize installation that message appear. I am on windows 10

ow_includes/config.php file is incorrect. Update it with details provided below.

I entered all things correctly (database host , database name ..)

Help me pls :(
Lars
Lars Oct 30 '15
I wasn't able to install Oxwall on wamp either (not more than 2 weeks ago). Therefor I tryed xampp instead and what can I say, the error message you quoted above did disappear. I guess it's something with the wamp configs. I don't know what, but I wasn't able to solve it, even I tryed.

Maybe you can try xampp too.

W.SNEIJDER
W.SNEIJDER Oct 30 '15
Thank you for your fast response. I'll try wampp too :)
John
John Nov 1 '15
Guys, don't waste your time. This problem has been kicked around for years. Any of the wamp type servers are soooooo slow on Win 10 and you can literally make a coffee while you wait for any page to load.

There is a solution:

Download the latest version of Uniform Server Zero X1 and dump it anywhere, even on a memory stick. Just run it, enter your Mysql Password "root" and bingo. Create a database, install Oxwall and run. You can do it all in under five minutes.

Uniform Server is lighting fast with page load times less than a second. It won't work if you run Zone Alarm and possibly other firewalls, so turn Zone Alarm off first. That's no big deal because you're not accessing the Internet.

Uniform Ssever's root is WWW so that's easy enough. The site will be localhost/yoursite.

Keep in mind that several things won't work. Because you have no mail server, it's almost impossible to add new members for example but its a great test bed.

WAMP won't work unless you add a root password to MYSQL and that's not easy. Oxwall needs a password or it won't work.
ross Team
ross Nov 2 '15
Please read my replies and screenshots in this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/23212?page=2#post-161429

Something is wrong on your side, probably some server misconfiguration, however we cannot assist you as this is local installation and we cannot access it to check the issue. 

Tejas
Tejas Mar 31 '16

Quote from W.SNEIJDER Hello everybody

I have a trouble with Oxwall's Installation on wampserver. I am using the latest wampserver and I activate the rewrite_module but when i am on finalize installation that message appear. I am on windows 10

ow_includes/config.php file is incorrect. Update it with details provided below.

I entered all things correctly (database host , database name ..)

Help me pls :(
Steps 1:

set MySql root password.

1. Open MySql terminal

2. give empty password to enter to console

3. Reset password

MySQL 5.7.6 and later:

ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'MyNewPass';

MySQL 5.7.5 and earlier:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('MyNewPass');

Step 2: Use new password & install :)

I just tried this way

kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 22 '23
Our flatbed trucks are equipped with wheel-lift systems specially designed for these kinds of vehicles. Deerfield Beach Towing Company