We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can I force user to stay in same message session? | Forum

Christer
Christer Nov 3 '15
Many of my customer keep open new message every time the send a message to our chat operators and it hard do keep track what has been said when you have like 10 customer at the same time and no history visable. Is there a way I can force customer to stay on the first message session the open?with the same person they chat with. Of course they can open new to chat to others but if same profile force that session to open and keep writing there so we can follow.
is it possible to rebuild the chat for this?
Please not move this post to custome code mod as that is not what I ask for, I ask if some one have this issue and if they fixed it or know how to.
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '15
chat works like that 
but the message system does not i posted on this problem long time ago and got the same old answer
this is a custom code modification 
we dont care that it dont work how you think it should we wont make our script work just how you want it.
please hire one of or premium support members like younett that we have allowed to run a scam in our store for over 3 years

is so stupid that very time a member click the send message button it creates a whole new message item, it should carry the conversation on 

it does not take long to start fill your db up with heaps of useless stuff 

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Nov 3 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '15
i go my messages page and i have hundreds some over 300 messages for the same user 
add that up by 200 users and you see how quick the db will grow
Christer
Christer Nov 3 '15
Yes I have this issue also now, And what dev would that be? Love to get a dev do this for me, But its possible to get done then?

Christer
Christer Nov 3 '15
We can share the cost
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '15
lol
ross Team
ross Nov 4 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 4 '15
now why was this moved to custom code mod 
its a problem with mailbox that needs to be addressed 
Christer
Christer Nov 4 '15
Agree its a general question I do not ask for any custome code, I want to know if other have the same issue with this as I have and they do.And if they did a fix.