We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

some problems on reinstalling 1.8 | Forum

Silvio
Silvio Nov 3 '15
i've reinstalled an old site with 1.8 and i've found a lot of strange problems.

first of all the test users are still online after 48h and user credit doesnt works (i know it's an external plugin). I've checked the logs and cron job is working well.

Any idea of what to check?

ps: also advertising add on is giving problems. If i activate it the user page goes in 500.php error...

ross Team
ross Nov 3 '15
First of all one issue per topic. 

The uses stay online means your cron either is not properly configured or breaks at some point and does not make to the point of the task where it should be logging users out. 

Provide screenshots of your ow_base_cron_job table

Try to send mass mail to make sure the other parts of the cron are working, create two accounts and generate some notifications for those accounts, make sure e-mail notifications of the latest activity come to the e-mail. 

When you say cron job is working well, what exactly do you imply by that? How did you check this?

Silvio
Silvio Nov 4 '15
Resolved... the cron job was ok but it was started with an account with no admin privilege. now the online now works... ;)
ross Team
ross Nov 4 '15
Great, Please create a separate topic with the issue of advertisement plugin, as to the user credits plugin, contact plugin developer to resolve your issue. 
Silvio
Silvio Nov 4 '15
Sure.. i'll do some more test before opening a ticket. I do not want to let people lose time before i've made everything possible to solve it ;)
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 7 '15

Quote from Silvio Sure.. i'll do some more test before opening a ticket. I do not want to let people lose time before i've made everything possible to solve it ;)
set debug true and you will see what plugin is conflict with adds plugin 
deactivate that plugin and do same until you deactivate all the plugins it conflicts with 
theres a big list of 3rd party plugin it conflicts with and the dev have left oxwall so they will never be fixed
if you really need them plugins on your site and only have one add code you can put the code in theme general html

but if you run few adds code only solution is use arrons adsence plugin 
ross Team
ross Nov 8 '15
Silvio, please create a separate post with your issues if you need our assistance. Thanks