We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

resource usage since update | Forum

Joseph
Joseph May 5 '12
since the last update all my sites have been using a ton of server resource even sites that have little to no traffic at all for example 

this site only has maybe 5 hits a day and 30 page views at max it should not be doing this and its the same for all my servers and only since the update because before the update I wasn't using much at all

Mark
Mark May 5 '12
I noticed an increase in resources and a slight slowness when i first upgraded however once the scripts were re-cached both by oxwall and by my php op cache things smoothed out. I now even have arrow chat loaded and the load barely ever goes over 2.5, even when 18+ members are online.
Joseph
Joseph May 5 '12
this has been happening for a while and these sites shown are on shared hosting which I understand the limitations but with barely any active users it just seems a little excessive on use 
Mark
Mark May 5 '12
i think that is where your problem lies, for my oxwall install to run smoothly i have to allocate a decent chunk of memory to php, also if the shared host have no type of accelerator or cache installed it will run slower or if they have an account that excessively using resources it too will reduce the performance of your site.

as for the usage stats, how much ram, cpu etc does that particular server have?

Michael I.
Michael I. May 6 '12
Did the number of members increase since the previous update? I mean do you have much more members on 1.3.2 than you had on 1.3.1?
Joseph
Joseph May 6 '12
no I have not took the site shown fully public so it may get one member a week from word of mouth and active users has not increased however I will be trying out cloud hosting but currently amazons new setup does not meet your documentation
Mark
Mark May 7 '12
i think the biggest problem you have here is that it is on shared hosting
Joseph
Joseph May 7 '12
I have a cloud set up and just awaiting some help as the amazon cloud code here does not seem to be accurate
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Wish we could work together to solve issues related to Cloud setup.
Joseph
Joseph May 7 '12
the problem has been resolved and we are up and fully operational the documentation does not specify to remove the {} symbols however that was what needed to be done
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Happy that my question was somehow useful to you. :)
Joseph
Joseph Jun 6 '12
resource use is still high and only since 1.3.2 never had this issue before the change even my smaller sites that have very little traffic have been suspended and for what? an error that's causing my company tons of issues 
Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 15 '12
What server are you using? Is it shared, VPS or dedicated server? How many members you have online approximately? Do you have IM enabled? Check logs to see what files are causing the highest load. We would need some numbers to see whether your server requires an optimization.