We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Here's how you can change the new Heart icon | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 10 '15
I did this on the Simplicity, and Venus themes. I don't know how many others may have the heart icon in the newsfeed. I also went ahead and changed the comment Icon for the newsfeed as well so they would match. I have attached details on how I did this, and screen shots of how they look. I've seen a few people asking about this on the theme posts. I would just attach my svg file, but it won't let me attach an svg.
You will need to replace the file on each theme update. I couldn't find any way of doing this through custom css in the admin panel. There may be some script dependencies that are specifically calling for the miniic_set.svg file.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Nov 11 '15
Attachments:
  venus icon change.jpg (10Kb)
  Changing the heart.txt (3Kb)
  Icon change.jpg (84Kb)
Dnyan
Dnyan Dec 1 '15
it work for me thanks man.

in oxwall only thing work for me without any issue is mod posted by you
David
David Dec 7 '15
Hey, Darryl,  if I give you my email in a PM.... would you be willing to send me the complete .svg file to my email address???
David
David Dec 7 '15
Or, you could ZIP the miniic_set.svg file and attach it as a zip file. :-)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 7 '15
I'll try to zip it when I get home this evening. If that doesn't work, I don't have a problem with option A.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 7 '15
Here it is. Let me know if it works. I kept the original file, and just renamed it to miniic_set.svg1. This was for the simplicity theme.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Dec 7 '15
Attachments:
  miniic_set.svg.zip (4Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 7 '15
This one is for the Venus theme. Keep in mind; with each theme update you'll need to replace the file since the update will overwrite it with the original one.
Attachments:
  miniic_set.svg.zip (5Kb)
David
David Dec 7 '15
Thank you!

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 7 '15
You're welcome.
David
David Dec 7 '15
The Venus theme .svg file also works on the Emerald theme and the Astoria theme, in case anyone might be interested.  In fact.... wow... they look awesome.  Thank you again!