We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Edit Layout / Display of Blog Article view? | Forum

Fergus
Fergus Nov 18 '15
Hi, I'm wishing to alter the Blog Article view (Simplicity theme)

Do you know what file(s) I need to edit in order to change the layout of the Blog Article view (as pictured below)? 

Many Thanks,

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 19 '15
Topic was moved from Blogs.
Tecca
Tecca Nov 20 '15
It looks like you figured it out for the title and author info. To remove the ratings, add this to your CSS:

.ow_supernarrow .ow_box_cap:nth-child(3),

.ow_supernarrow .ow_box.ow_stdmargin:nth-child(2) {

display: none;

}

The problem is that those classes are on other pages as well, and I've noticed Oxwall is inconsistent with giving a body class to its core plugins. So if the blog plugin had this:

<body class="ow blogs"> ... </div>

You could simply use:

.ow.blogs .ow_supernarrow .ow_box_cap:nth-child(3),

.ow.blogs .ow_supernarrow .ow_box.ow_stdmargin:nth-child(2) {

display: none;

}

And it would only remove those classes on the blog page specifically.

There is, of course, a way to edit the template itself to remove the ratings, but your changes would be lost every time the plugin is updated.

The Forum post is edited by Tecca Nov 20 '15
Fergus
Fergus Nov 23 '15
Hi Bryan,

Many thanks for the pointers.  Much appreciated.

Was able to get rid of the 'rating' header by adding the suggested css alteration, (however the star rating itself was there, apparently replacing the author and date info originally under the 'post' header)

(Did try Changing the numeric references, however the rating box stubbornly remained.)

Thinking I might now look to actually get rid of that side bar in the blog article view completely if I can, though not sure how to do this as getting rid of the sidebar via custom css seems to also get rid of the side bar from the other pages (using that same class)

If I wish to edit the template directly, does anyone know what files I might need to edit?

Many thanks,
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Nov 23 '15
From user to a sep. line below page title:
go to: https://www.nui.nz/...ix=blogs&search={$postTitle} <span class="ow_small">
Replace content with the following then save.
{$postTitle} <span class="ow_small"><br><br> from <a href="{$url}">{$name}'s blog</a></span>

Adding space to the Blog titile, Edit Css and add the following.
div#page_content.ow_page.clearfix h1.ow_stdmargin.ow_ic_write {
margin-top: 22px}