We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTP Account in Cloud Server | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I created a FTP user and provided access to the user.

But whenever and whatever I try, I get the error message. Even if I enter an invalid user details, I get the same error. I am not able to upload any plugins via Admin UI.

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 14 '12
Do you have an access to FTP user that has permissions to overwrite files on the server?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have created an FTP user too in the linux. But that does not help too.
Rachel
Rachel Apr 3 '23

This section will guide you in creating an FTP account on Hostinger’s control panel, hPanel.

Hostinger provides an FTP account by default. Perform these steps to create a new FTP account so other users can help manage your site.

Under the Files section, select FTP Accounts.

A screenshot from hPanel showing where to find FTP Accounts.

The first section on the FTP Accounts page is the FTP Access section. It contains the master FTP account credentials, which is the main FTP account of your hosting plan.

FTP account details

Scroll down to find the Create a New FTP Account section.

Creating a new FTP account via hPanel

On the Directory field, enter public_html as the working directory for your new FTP account. By putting your new account on public_html, you’ll grant the new account access to manage any directory and file inside it. If you want to give the new account access to the root directory – which will enable the user to configure the entire system – enter “/”.

Create a username and password for the new user.

Click Create.

The newly created account should appear in the List of Active FTP Accounts at the bottom of the same page. Manage your accounts through this section, where you can delete the accounts if you no longer need them.

The FTP accounts list on hPanel

Now that you’ve successfully created an additional FTP account on hPanel, connect via an FTP client such as FileZilla or FTP Manager Lite.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Santener
Santener Apr 3 '23
Overall, coolants play a vital role in various industries. Without coolants, many industrial processes would be impossible to complete, and the safety of food products would be compromised. When purchasing coolants, it is important to select the best coolant for the application and to buy from a reputable supplier. By taking these steps, you can ensure that your coolants provide maximum protection and performance. https://mycarcoolant.com/best-coolant-for-aluminum-radiator/
seo blogging
seo blogging Feb 20
Cloud servers offer scalable and flexible computing resources, empowering businesses to streamline operations and enhance efficiency.

By leveraging how cloud technology servicescan boost your business, it can reduce infrastructure costs, improve data accessibility, and foster collaboration among teams. The agility and reliability of cloud servers enable businesses to adapt quickly to evolving market demands, driving growth and innovation.