We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Table ow_base_search_result | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 22 '15
I see this table ow_base_search_result grows and grows indefinitely. Can anyone tell me what use is, if this is normal for a network of 800 members who work well without mistakes? Should I leave empty or keep growing?

See the image.

ross Team
ross Nov 24 '15
that depends whether these are active members and how often they search users on your website, if they do that a lot, then it is ok. 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 24 '15
4700 members come and look much, yes, but I let it grow indefinitely? What if empty from time to time? I understand it is a kind of cache searches. I do not understand the utility, each time looking for different things. Why store the search results?
ross Team
ross Nov 24 '15
yes, sure you can clear that table, yes that is a cache table it just stores the id of the users which should be shown for example on the second page of the search results, in order not to make a new query and request to the database which decreases the load on the server. 

If the table grows, probably some users are staying online as this table, at least the search results cache of that user should be cleared out from the table, which means your cron is not properly configured

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Nov 24 '15
Thanks, I'll check cron and reported here.