We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is a good host for Oxwall? | Forum

Taylor
Taylor Nov 29 '15
I have been using Arvixe's shared hosting plan but I just got a message saying that I have used too many resources and that I would have to switch to VPS. Would it be better to switch hosts or just get the VPS? I don't have much money to spend on hosting at the moment but my website traffic has been increasing a lot lately. For the people who have hundreds or thousands of member on their site, what do you do for hosting?
Tecca
Tecca Nov 29 '15
Do you have any problems with learning the command line? How much do you currently spend for shared hosting? You can get a Digital Ocean VPS for about $10 per month that should be suitable for a few thousand members (may need to upgrade depending on how many of them are active concurrently), but it'd require setting up things yourself. I have a DO droplet that supports multiple websites with thousands of members across them (so far no Oxwall installation is live though) without any problems.

They have plenty of tutorials and help forums on how to set things up. For certain people, like myself, it's very fun maintaining your own VPS and server packages. The versatility over shared hosting is great without having to break the bank.

ross Team
ross Nov 29 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Taylor
Taylor Dec 1 '15
Thank you for the recommendation Bryan. I decided to go with togglebox though because it is managed. So far the support has been amazing!
The Forum post is edited by Taylor Dec 1 '15
Tecca
Tecca Dec 1 '15
Great! Glad you found one that suits your needs.
Julia
Julia Dec 12 '15
When it comes to creating an ecommerce platform, It's more hectic task to choose the best hosting provider & plan. There are many hosting providers capable to provide web hosting. However, Solely based on my experience, I would suggest in motion hosting would be the best option for start up multi vendor ecommerce platforms.
Zoli
Zoli Jan 7 '16
We have VPS at ServerSub.
Strongly recommended their services. They have multiple location servers in USA, Europe and Asia too.

Go to serversub.com
Abbey
Abbey Apr 2 '16
I use togglebox.com