We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tutorial - Installing Oxwall fully in Amazon Cloud | Forum

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I had successfully installed Oxwall in Amazon Cloud. As many others are also interested, I collected all related information from internet and consolidated as a single document.

PFA the PDF file which explains step by step in installing Oxwall in Amazon cloud.

This is not just using Amazon S3. This is related to using cloud for the entire oxwall.

Still lot of tips and troubleshooting topics to be added in the document.
Attachments:
  Oxwall in AWS.pdf (722.17Kb)
Joseph
Joseph May 13 '12
I am having an issue I have followed the tutorial however now I am stuck http://adultjuggalos.info/install/requirements says that it does not exist on the server
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I guess you have solved the problem. I could see it working now.

The solution is edit
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default

Change
AllowOverride in 2 locations.

Restart ur apache server -
sudo service apache2 restart
Michael I.
Michael I. May 13 '12
Thank you for useful information!
Joseph
Joseph May 14 '12
awesome thanks for this its working now however my cron is not running properly I have checked and the service is running and I followed the tutorial here is a screen shot of my cron configuration

Purusothaman Ramanujam
How you created the crontab? You modified system level crontab file or user level cron tab?

Give an shot for user level cron tab too.
Joseph
Joseph May 14 '12
well I logged in using the default login ubuntu as amazon requires and I have tried logging in as a regular user but when that happens  I get an error
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I meant to create a crontab file for the user root or www:data . Give a try to create both. Also create a cron.allow file.

Enable User Level Cron

If the /etc/cron.allow file exists, then users must be listed in it in order to be allowed to run the crontab command. If the /etc/cron.allow file does not exist but the /etc/cron.deny file does, then users must not be listed in the /etc/cron.deny file in order to run crontab.

In the case where neither file exists, the default on current Ubuntu (and Debian, but not some other Linux and UNIX systems) is to allow all users to run jobs with crontab.

No cron.allow or cron.deny files exist in a standard Ubuntu install, so all users should have cron available by default, until one of those files is created. If a blank cron.deny file has been created, that will change to the standard behavior users of other operating systems might expect: cron only available to root or users in cron.allow.

Note, userids on your system which do not appear in /etc/shadow will NOT have operational crontabs, if you desire to enter a user in /etc/passwd, but NOT /etc/shadow that user's crontab will never run. Place an entry in /etc/shadow for the user with a * for the password crypt,ie:
Joseph
Joseph May 14 '12
not quite sure how to do that sorry if this is getting annoying however this is the very last piece of information I need to have a fully operational site going in the cloud
The Forum post is edited by Joseph May 14 '12
Joseph
Joseph May 14 '12
can you show me how your crontab is set up?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its simple. In the /etc directory create a file named cron.allow. In that file add www:data and root in each line. Save it.

sudo nano /etc/cron.allow

I can not provide screenshot now as I am away from my home where I can not have access to SSH.
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam May 14 '12
Joseph
Joseph May 14 '12
when I try to restart my cron it says Resource temporarily unavailable
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am not sure whats the issue is. Little google might help.
Joseph
Joseph May 15 '12
tried google already how is your cron set up maybe an example may be helpful
Purusothaman Ramanujam
After getting home, I will send a msg to you.
Joseph
Joseph May 16 '12
the answer was so simple I over looked it all I had to do was add in  /usr/bin/php -q 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Joseph,

Thanks for the update. Any hint on what does -q here refers to.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 17 '12
-q is just a variable.
Mark
Mark May 24 '12
Can this be ported into the documentation page as im sure it would be useful there :) 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Mark: Let's see what the Admins decide on this.

If needed, I can provide more details instruction on installing oxwall. Currently I have provided an external video link in the above attached document.
Pages: 1 2 »