We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to see groups publications in newsfeed ? | Forum

Simon
Simon Dec 6 '15
Hello. Is it possible to see groups publications In the Global newsfeed in first site page please ?

Thank you
DeFender
DeFender Dec 6 '15
maybe yes for opened groups, if user follows the group
Simon
Simon Dec 6 '15
Thank you Franz but my params are Ok. I see in newsfeed when a new group is created but I need to see group post in the newsfeed when user post somthing in a group. I think is not possible to display it in global newsfeed.

Here my params :
DeFender
DeFender Dec 6 '15
create test user and make tests ;)

In my own, I can see posts from opened groups, but I can;t se my friends posts, and they cannt see my posts in wide site newsfeed, because my privacy is only for friends.

Simon
Simon Dec 6 '15
Thank you Defender. I have made user profile for test. I don't have privacy plugin activated. All is public. Groups are open. But groups publications don't feed the newsfeed :(
The Forum post is edited by Simon Dec 6 '15
DeFender
DeFender Dec 6 '15
but you have in admin  user roles, look for roles privacy for groups :)
Simon
Simon Dec 6 '15
I have this in admin...it is good ? Column 1: Guest - 2 Free - 3 Admin

The Forum post is edited by Simon Dec 6 '15
Anitaku
Anitaku Dec 6 '15
What about the settings in the Content tab of your Newsfeed plug in? There are settings in there that you can choose what shows up. 
ross Team
ross Dec 6 '15
Simon, please take a look at this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/20651
Simon
Simon Dec 7 '15
Ok thank you Ross. I have look at your link. I understand that I can see group activity in my Dasboard if I follow the group. But in global newsfeed is there a way to display all groups activities for everybody? I need users see what happens in groups on the global newsfedd.
The Forum post is edited by Simon Dec 7 '15
ross Team
ross Dec 7 '15
This is a custom code modification. As you can see the default software and plugiins do not have such functionality. 
Simon
Simon Dec 8 '15
Is it possible to say me what code I can put and where  i must put it to had this fonction ?
It is important for users interactions.
Thank you
ross Team
ross Dec 8 '15
This is a complicated code modifications. We do not provide assistance in custom code modifications. you need to do that either on your own or hire a programmer. 

I will move you post to custom code modification section, probably some community member will assist you with that. 

ross Team
ross Dec 8 '15
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Simon
Simon Dec 8 '15
Ok sorry.
DeFender
DeFender Dec 8 '15
yes, it is problem, one time I was adding two feeds in same page :D one as basic (site feed) and one as friends, groups news left side
Simon
Simon Dec 8 '15
Oh yes but it is too complicated for users :(
DeFender
DeFender Dec 8 '15
here is discussion about http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/17253
Simon
Simon Dec 8 '15
thank you i will have a look on this :)
Simon
Simon Dec 8 '15
ok it is difficult for me to understand all exactlly because I'm french :(