We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A nice addition.... - Set Sign-In Page as Landing Page | Forum

John
John Dec 9 '15
It is nice to see this particular plugin available.  A site should display the sign in or join page prior to any actual page information being displayed in social media.

My question is... can this plugin be altered by the developer from its current layout? By this I mean, could the developers make it possible for a site owner to choose if they want the display to be as it currently is with the plugin or have the choice to have their page displayed in the background out of focus, as I have in my example?

I believe this option would be helpful to many of us who enjoy this plugin but would like the site to be seen as a backdrop and out of focus until the user registers or signs in.

See the example image I've attached to see exactly what my thought is on this.

Any feed back from the developer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, John

Attachments:
  Sign In Page Example.jpg (240Kb)
John
John Dec 10 '15
Why? An odd question to ask when someone is simply asking if it has been or can be done.

As a developer of software or plugins the general idea is to attempt to provide what is marketable and within a markets needs.  I found the plugin to be helpful but lacks the ability to have a sites image behind it to add to the attraction of someone site, rather than a blank page with the widget being the only visible item on the page.

It is merely a question of if it can be done either with this version or a possible updated version.  

I'd be happy to do it myself but I am not a coder for php, css or js.

But I appreciate the reply and the plugin.... perhaps I'll peek at learning how to do some of what I would like to see in the market. :)

John
John Dec 10 '15
I am not certain how you feel it was unanswered or unnecessary.

My initial question in this forum was quite clear and the purpose of why was stated quite clearly.

I had asked - "can this plugin be altered by the developer from its current layout? By this I mean, could the developers make it possible for a site owner to choose if they want the display to be as it currently is with the plugin or have the choice to have their page displayed in the background out of focus, as I have in my example?  I believe this option would be helpful to many of us who enjoy this plugin but would like the site to be seen as a backdrop and out of focus until the user registers or signs in."

It could not be more clear......  The question is quite simple really... and it states why.

I am sure it can be done as well... I'm not new to writing other types of code. However I am not versed in php, css and js. so this is a little out of my area.  

For someone to reply to a post from a user asking a question in such away is quite confrontational and unnecessary.

Simply disregard my question and I will research the answer to my initial posting.

My apologies for posting my question. 

No further reply needed, thank you for your time.

The Forum post is edited by John Dec 10 '15
Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 20 '16

Quote from John It is nice to see this particular plugin available.  A site should display the sign in or join page prior to any actual page information being displayed in social media.

My question is... can this plugin be altered by the developer from its current layout? By this I mean, could the developers make it possible for a site owner to choose if they want the display to be as it currently is with the plugin or have the choice to have their page displayed in the background out of focus, as I have in my example?

I believe this option would be helpful to many of us who enjoy this plugin but would like the site to be seen as a backdrop and out of focus until the user registers or signs in.

See the example image I've attached to see exactly what my thought is on this.

Any feed back from the developer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, John

the landing page is your sign-in page, If you want the background to be your site the easiest way to do this is by uploading an image of this and it will refresh to the main dashboard after someone logs in, If you are looking for a sign in membership-wall as in someone visits a page and is asked to sign in and it blurs this is custom coding that you'll need to hire a developer to do for you if you do not know how to do it yourself.

See example here https://cimmarian.com/

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Jan 20 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic