We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Import muliple email Ids and autometic invitation (i.e. Invite colleagues using their e-mail addresses) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ram
Ram May 14 '12

Hi Oxwall

“www.researchgate.net” (and linkedin.com) have a important feature for user “Import muliple email Ids, autometic invitation to all ids and autometic follow up for joining the group”.

Is it possible for your software?

e.g.:

http://help.researchgate.net/Researchers

Invite colleagues using their e-mail addresses
ResearchGATE has developed a smart import engine that allows users to paste e-mail addresses separated by commas, enters, or other delimiters. Or use the following workflow: Go to Outlook or other e-mail application and select the contacts you want to import. Copy the entire content into the invite box. You will now see largely unformatted data. Our engine automatically extracts the e-mail addresses from this data and will offer you these for an invitation.

Invite colleagues from your address book
Import your entire Outlook (or other *.csv file) or your Thunderbird address book into ResearchGATE by using this option.

Michael I.
Michael I. May 19 '12
We already have a feature allowing importing contacts from the most popular services. But information you shared may still be helpful for developers.