We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Display Chat and Message in page | Forum

justice okafor
justice okafor Dec 10 '15
i would like to create a page for chat and send message or how do i make the chat or message pop out to show within a page. my reason for this is that i disabled oxwall mobile and use a responsive theme instead but the chat pop  displays on mobile and can look real messy on some browser like opera mini. i feel embedding it in a page will make it look better
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 10 '15
You will most likely need to contact a dev for something like this. Oxwall chat, and messages are tied pretty tightly to the core. Other considerations would be Arrowchat, or cometchat. I have the arrowchat on my live site.
justice okafor
justice okafor Dec 10 '15
if i can get a guide on what files to edit or how to go about it, i think i can try my luck
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 10 '15
You can use inspect element to see where the files are. They range from system files, plugin files, and Oxwall css, and theme base css files. Some changes in chat can affect messages, and vice versa. Them being integrated together is what makes it difficult.
CometChat
CometChat Dec 10 '15

Hello Justice okafor,

CometChat integrates seamlessly with oxwall and we'll be glad to set you up. Please get in touch with us at

sales@cometchat.com

Regards

Robert

justice okafor
justice okafor Dec 11 '15
i have checked on cometchat licence and it is quite expensive
CometChat
CometChat Dec 14 '15

Hi justice okafor,

Please get in touch with us at sales@cometchat.com with your requirements and we'll help you out.

Regards

Robert

ketkew
ketkew Dec 15 '15
Great! Do you help me with my current license also? :P ;)