We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video thumbnail | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
zack
zack Dec 14 '15
I notice when i upload a video not embed a video it does not show a thumbnail.  I do have the video uploader plugin, is there any way to upload a video and thumbnail shows?
ross Team
ross Dec 14 '15
Zack, this is a third party plugin related issue. You will need to contact plugin developer directly to resolve it, as we do not provide assistance with 3rd party plugins issues or requests. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 14 '15
paru is away now so you wont get an answer
for video uploader to show thumbs you need to put in videouploader admin the path to ffmpeg
ask your hosting for the path 
zack
zack Dec 16 '15
Thanks you ross, tammy and rebecca. Tammy you said i should ask my hosting for the path for the ffmpeg?can you give a little more detail. Also rebecca the link you provided did you just place in the plugin admin settings
tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 16 '15
Yes ask your hosting as u may not even have ffmpeg installed on ur server
zack
zack Dec 17 '15
Ok, i will let you guys know what happens.  Thanks again
zack
zack Jan 25 '16
nope guys it didn't work any suggestions?
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
Contact your hosting provider and request this info from them, there may be a possibility taht FFMPEG is not installed at all. 
zack
zack Feb 6 '16
ok. thanks ross
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Feb 7 '16
/usr/bin/ffmpeg
zack
zack Feb 9 '16
I will  try "K" hope it works
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Feb 10 '16
Good luck, most shared hosting plans come equipped with 
zack
zack Feb 10 '16
I talked with my hosting account and they told me that its developer issue?
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '16
You will need to contact plugin developer directly to resolve it, as we do not provide assistance with 3rd party plugins issues or requests. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 11 '16
Ffmpeg is a hosting / server admin  its a mod for the operating  system it has nothing to do with front ends script developers 
zack
zack Feb 11 '16
thanks tammy