We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems with query strings - SimpleSEO | Forum

Tecca
Tecca Dec 20 '15

EDIT: You know what, Oxwall has other problems itself with the trailing slash. I don't think think topic will be relevant, but I'll leave it here.

Hey there,

My Oxwall installation utilizes a trailing slash at the end of URLs. This works fine on a default installation and visiting a forum topic such as this will work fine:

/forum/topic/7/?page=1#post-26

Note that there's a trailing slash after the 7, which isn't default Oxwall behavior but a server behavior (Nginx rewrite). Usually it looks like this:

/forum/topic/7?page=1#post-26

That's not the problem. The problem happens when activating Simple SEO for the forum and visiting a link such as:

/forum/topic/this-is-my-topic-title-7/?page=1#post-26

The above link will return a 500 error whereas using the default links works fine with query strings.

Is this something that can be addressed, or would your recommendation be to go the opposite direction: redirect to no-trailing slash? My preference has always been with having the trailing slash because it makes sense semantically, but if this is some weird issue not worth looking into, that's alright as well. I may not use spseo on the forum plugin anyway.

Thanks for your time!

Bryan

The Forum post is edited by Tecca Dec 21 '15
You do not have permission to reply this topic