We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to change the info: | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jay
jay Dec 25 '15
new member joined, when she uploaded her avatar, the info(user changed their avatar) was shown in the newsfeed.  

i tried to change the info word to "changed", but it failed. can you tell me what' wrong 

thanks

The Forum post is edited by jay Dec 25 '15
Attachments:
  捕获222.JPG (16Kb)
  捕获1111.JPG (11Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 25 '15
There are two other strings with "Changed Their Avatar". One indicates it is for the feed. Try changing those as well. I did a search for "changed their avatar" in "all sections"
See the screen shot.
Attachments:
  their avatar.jpg (75Kb)
jay
jay Dec 25 '15
thanks Darryl B!thank you for your answer. but i tried, it failed too 
Attachments:
  11.JPG (49Kb)
  22.JPG (11Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 26 '15
Try clearing your browser cache. It may be loading cached info.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 26 '15
I tried it on my test site, and didn't see the change either. It may be that it will show the next time someone changes their avatar. You could try setting it to what you want then change your avatar to see if it shows then.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 26 '15
Yep. That's what it is. It won't change ones that are already displaying. It did show when I changed mine with a change in the three language sections.
jay
jay Dec 26 '15
thank you! but i found " join the site" is changed when you change the info. the code of " join the site" is the same with "changed their avatar" is it a error? 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 26 '15
Shouldn't be the same. If I'm understanding correctly, when you change the "Changed their avatar"; it also changes "Joined our site"?
jay
jay Dec 26 '15
ok i will test it ,thanks Darryl ~ thank you for your help 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 26 '15
You're welcome. After you make the changes, you should see them with new feed posts. Any before the change will show the old language key. They may, or may not change once the cron runs.
jay
jay Dec 26 '15
ok it is ok !thanks