We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum Permisions | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Vinny
Vinny May 21 '12

Question what I am trying to do is make an Announcent forum that everyone can see but only admin's and monderators can post.  Is this possible?

Thank You

Vinny

Vinny
Vinny May 22 '12
Hi are there any answer for my question above?  I just want to know if this is possible with Oxwall? to post as an admin or a moderator all other users can see the forum post but they can not post.

Thanks

Vinny

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. Y not... it's possible. If you are aware of the Oxwall development, you can do this.
Vinny
Vinny May 23 '12

Hi Purusothaman Ramanujam 

I am new with the Oxwall software if this could be done how do I do this. If you see in the permissions page it seems its all or nothing.  Like I said I have an Announcement Forum and I just want Admin's and Moderator's to be able to post there and have Users just be able to view?

Thank You

Vinny

Purusothaman Ramanujam
You should be checking the user whether he is an Admin or Member. Only if so you should display the content.

Take some time to know the oxwall functions. I agree its hard in the beginning. I am suffering with that also :P