We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error When Granting Gifts - User Credits | Forum

Musik
Musik Jan 11 '16
Hello. I'm getting an error message when attempting to send a gift. However, though it says error, the credit balance is still updated and the gift is given. Notably, the gift doesn't show up on the front page even if it's sent as a public gift.

Any help troubleshooting this issue is appreciated. Screenshots attached.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 11 '16

Musik, this has nothing to do with the User Credits plugin. This red error feedback message means that there is the java-script conflict on your site. 

Usually, it happens because of some third-party plugins or the custom js code added via Admin Area > Settings > Page Settings area. Please enable the FireBug (developer console for the Mozilla FireFox browser) and find the exact error. Also, you can try to deactivate the third-plugins installed at your site one-by-one to detect which of them causes this conflict.

Musik
Musik Jan 11 '16
Thank you. I checked the Chrome console and found the following error. This actually seems to be some sort of base plugin issue so I'll contact the core developer team.
Attachments:
  jquery-error.PNG (118Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 11 '16
Music, as far as we can see there is no e500.php file at your site. Seems you've done the site update and something went wrong. You need to upload this file from the default package (http://www.oxwall.org/download), then enable the DEBUG_MODE (https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug)  and check the error once again.

P.S. Try enabling DEV_MODE to clear the compiled resources, probably this solves the problem.

Musik
Musik Jan 12 '16
Skalfa, you're a mind reader. Yes, I did recently attempt to update to 1.8 (still running 1.7.5 as it was a very stable release) but it caused errors on my site so I restored a back up. I planned to update this weekend so I had ample time to troubleshoot what went wrong. 

I added the e500.php file from the 1.7.5 release and enabled DEBUG and DEV mode, but "error" updated to "parsererror." I think completing the update should do the trick. Something went screwy and the back up didn't fix it.

I'll update the thread once I know a little more. I really appreciate the observation. Helped put me on the right track.

Attachments:
  parsererror.PNG (158Kb)
  console-parsererror.PNG (14Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 14 '16

Musik, did you restore the source files backup only, but the database has remained updated to 1.8.0? Seems the only way to solve the issue is to complete the update process.

However, it would be better if you contacted Oxwall support operators, most probably they can provide other solutions.

Musik
Musik Mar 10 '16
Hello! I know it's been some time. I recently upgraded to 1.8.1 but still receive a parserror when I attempt to grant a gift on my site. In troubleshooting, I attempted to reinstall User Credits, I encountered a 500 error (see attached for debug details). 

I'm not sure if it's related to the original error, but after I go past this screen and attempt to edit User Credits in the Manage Plugins section, everything appears as usercredits+categories, etc. May I have assistance?

Also, I incorrectly purchased your plugin twice. If I can be refunded one of them, it's much appreciated! Apologies for the inconvenience.

Attachments:
  500-error-user-credits.PNG (44Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Mar 11 '16
Musik, could you please PM your cPanel and admin access details, so we could debug the problem and find a solution.
Musik
Musik Mar 11 '16
Thanks, Skalfa. Much appreciated. Information sent.
You do not have permission to reply this topic