We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"Invalid or empty update pack archive" | Forum

Ed Domich
Ed Domich May 22 '12
When I try to update SOME of my plugins, I get the following error:

"Invalid or empty update pack archive"

I have been able to overcome this by completely uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling. However, I don't want to lose any more data. Is there another way to fix this issue?
Mark
Mark May 22 '12
you could manually FTP the files to your website overwriting the old with the new.

Ed Domich
Ed Domich May 24 '12
Are you suggesting I upload the files, then delete the old version? will i lose anything from my db?
Mark
Mark May 25 '12
you wont need to delete old file, when you FTP them your should automatically overwrite the old ones (or be promoted to overwrite them).

Overwriting files will not affect your db, however when you next login to your admin it will know that the files have changed and ask you to update it, the update may or may not affect your db

Ed Domich
Ed Domich May 28 '12
That's exactly what I have been doing, but when I press the update button, there is a pause for a few seconds and then a red bar that shows the error...
Mark
Mark May 29 '12
what plugins are they?

are they developed by oxwall or third party?

Michael I.
Michael I. May 31 '12
Try downloading the plugin file once again. Maybe the problem is with the archive consistency.