We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum editor buttons not showing on ipad/iPhone | Forum

Scott
Scott Jan 14 '16
I have posted this on the plugin forum and gotten no response in a few days,  maybe someone else has experienced this and can offer a solution. 

When a user's tries to make a reply in the forum the editor buttons do not appear when using an ipad/iPhone. (see attached screenshot)  

Has anyone else seen this and know of fix? 

Attachments:
  Screenshot_2016-01-13-16-40-14.png (326Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '16
Oxwall does not support desktop version on mobile devices. We have developed mobile version specifically for that
Scott
Scott Jan 14 '16
I understand that this is the standard response, however the mobile version is not where it needs to be in terms of appearance and edit ability! iPads and iPhones are extremely popular devices and I am more than sure that someone else has experinced this same issue,  While you guys can easily say that you don't support mobile, those of us that have sites can't just walk away and say we cant fix that.... our members will leave!

If any has a solution to this please let me know. 
HW
HW Jan 16 '16
Scott, I know this is a really clunky workaround, but tell your Apple device users to access the site on Chrome and select "request desktop site" from Chrome's menu. For whatever reason, that allows toolbars to be seen/used and mails to be responded to. I just post the instructions in a text box at the top of my site.
ross Team
ross Jan 18 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.