We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bypass For Guest - Set Sign-In Page as Landing Page | Forum

Bob Brown
Bob Brown Jan 20 '16
Does this allow for bypass for guest users to view the site just in case they don't want to sign up?

Regards,

Bobby

Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 20 '16

Quote from Bob Brown Does this allow for bypass for guest users to view the site just in case they don't want to sign up?

Regards,

Bobby

The easiest way to do this is add custom links to your sign-in page such as "Don't want to sign in? Click here to proceed" or a custom coded button Example: https://cimmarian.com/
The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Jan 20 '16
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Jan 20 '16

Quote from Bob Brown Does this allow for bypass for guest users to view the site just in case they don't want to sign up?

Regards,

Bobby

Yes, it does. Make sure that allow guest view is set to 'yes' from your site settings.

Thanks

Kevin
Kevin Dec 12 '16
Running v1.84. Just installed the plugin, and have allow guests set to "yes".  However it will not let a visitor bypass the screen to view site?

is there a fix, or will I have to look at the custom code option listed above?

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 13 '16
Maybe you set your privacy to members only. You should consider changing that.
Kevin
Kevin Dec 13 '16
I never have had that setting, and still do not. There is no X to close as there is on the OxWall Sign-in..
Thanks
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 13 '16

Quote from Kevin There is no X to close as there is on the OxWall Sign-in..
Thanks
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If your users are being forced to sign-in before viewing your website, it's because you set the 'Guests can view the site' option to 'No' here website.com/admin/settings/user.
The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Dec 13 '16
Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (26Kb)
Kevin
Kevin Dec 13 '16
Appreciate the quick responses.  See attachment for my settings.

However because of other visual issues using it with my current theme, I will pass using.

Thanks

Attachments:
  Privacy_Settings.JPG (18Kb)
You do not have permission to reply this topic