We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

White page after attempting to verify - Two Factor Authentification | Forum

Tecca
Tecca Jan 31 '16
When trying to log in after enabling 2FA on my account, at first it was saying "Error" when I tried using the regular sign-in form while entering my password.

Disabling the plugin allowed me to log in, then enabling it again brought up the Verify screen. After putting in my code from the authentication, it simply produces a blank white screen with no errors. Refreshing any page will need to enter a code again, but it doesn't go through and white-pages each time.

This is the error in my log,

[Notice] Message: Undefined index: lang File: /var/www/example.com/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/9cbe14dd24d3a006ac7daa2037e7436a0f74d877_0.file.login_setup.html.php Line:128
[Notice] Message: Trying to get property of non-object File: /var/www/example.com/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/9cbe14dd24d3a006ac7daa2037e7436a0f74d877_0.file.login_setup.html.php Line:128

The plugin seemed to work when I put the site into Dev mode, so I'll have to look into it some more tomorrow. Any guidance would be appreciated though!
Mike
Mike Feb 1 '16

Hey Brian,

thanks for the report. I will make some test and tell you if i found the bug.

EDIT:It looks that the error in the logfile doesnt produce the white pages. its just a notice and not a real error...

I cant reproduce the bug on my test pages

Mike

The Forum post is edited by Mike Feb 1 '16
Tecca
Tecca Feb 1 '16
Thanks, Mike. It might be the Speed Optimizer plugin, I'll have to test it with that disabled when I get the chance (don't really want to touch it, the dev has been tweaking things lately).

I'll let you know what I find out.
Mike
Mike Feb 1 '16

okay thank you

Tecca
Tecca Feb 2 '16
I can now confirm that it's a conflict with the speed optimizer plugin. I'll be contacting the dev and seeing if he's willing to get these two compatible, since 2FA is fairly important in today's security.
Mike
Mike Feb 2 '16
okay good to hear for me, not so good for you...
Tecca
Tecca Feb 2 '16
Haha, true. The dev mentioned checking it out, so hopefully it's nothing too complicated. This plugin is pretty important!
You do not have permission to reply this topic