We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email Verification: Sorry, email address not confirmed | Forum

Peter
Peter May 29 '12

Using latest build of Oxwall.  

1. Registered - Works OK, but suggest adding asterisks or something to indicate required fields.

2. Confirm email - Gets "stuck" on this page unless user uses the link provided in the email.  I see the logic, but it confuses most people, and if somehow they were never able to receive the confirmation email, they could not view site as a guest.

3. Email verification - produces the following:

Email Verification
Sorry, email address not confirmed.
Most likely:

1) Confirmation link you have used is incorrect. Please copy the correct URL and insert it into the address bar.

2) Confirmation URL expired as it hasn't been used within 5 days. Please send confirmation request again

The member is logged in and can seem to do everything OK, but this message leaves them scratching their head.

I may have changed directories since I installed Oxwall.  Could this be causing the problem; i.e., comparing to an old URL in the database?

The Forum post is edited by Peter May 29 '12
Peter
Peter May 30 '12

Did a clean install of Oxwall in a new location and still get this message about the confirmation link being incorrect. 

Any ideas?

Mark
Mark May 30 '12
whats your url?
Peter
Peter May 30 '12

http://coal.tk/community/

The Forum post is edited by Peter May 30 '12
Peter
Peter May 30 '12

Now it isn't doing it, or even going to the email confirmation page like before.  Completing the Join page takes them directly in without any email confirmation. I guess that's OK, until the spammers find the URL.  Is there an option to turn off email confirmation that I may have changed without realizing it?

Peter
Peter May 30 '12

Here's another site I recently installed that IS still requiring an email confirmation and returning the above error message.

http://jvlogs.tk/community/

The Forum post is edited by Peter May 30 '12
Mark
Mark May 31 '12
just tried it, clicked on the link in the verification email (which i received twice for some reason) and the message replied

Email address confirmed

Quote from Peter

Here's another site I recently installed that IS still requiring an email confirmation and returning the above error message.

http://jvlogs.tk/community/

Roland Mallapre
Roland Mallapre Sep 8 '12

Quote from Peter

Using latest build of Oxwall.  

1. Registered - Works OK, but suggest adding asterisks or something to indicate required fields.

2. Confirm email - Gets "stuck" on this page unless user uses the link provided in the email.  I see the logic, but it confuses most people, and if somehow they were never able to receive the confirmation email, they could not view site as a guest.

3. Email verification - produces the following:

Email Verification
Sorry, email address not confirmed.
Most likely:

1) Confirmation link you have used is incorrect. Please copy the correct URL and insert it into the address bar.

2) Confirmation URL expired as it hasn't been used within 5 days. Please send confirmation request again

The member is logged in and can seem to do everything OK, but this message leaves them scratching their head.

I may have changed directories since I installed Oxwall.  Could this be causing the problem; i.e., comparing to an old URL in the database?

I am also getting this kind of issue. Please check my site: www.philbiz.org . As for the meantime i have disabled the email verification feature because of this issue. Any fix?

Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 12 '12
Roland, could you enable Email Verification feature on your site so that I could check into the problem more thoroughly. Thanks. You can drop me a message via PM when it is enabled.
Russell
Russell Mar 13 '13
I am having the same issue! Please help ASAP!! I went live with my site lastnight and I don't want my members to turn away because of this issue! My site:

www.foundationforinspiration.com

The Forum post is edited by Russell Mar 13 '13