We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Live TV Plugin is a scam | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
I paid $10.00 for this plugin and was promised of a new version that will allow admins to add what ever video streams they want to it. http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1203

This was in november 2015.  He said he got a fever and had to bed rest for a little bit. then December came along and still nothing. Now January and still nothing.   See Post Here  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/42690

OXWALL STAFF   

Please investigate this user.   Do not allow another purchase of this plugin until the developer comes up with the updated version of it,  Or please remove it from the store so no one else becomes a victim to it.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Feb 5 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Well if the dev does not update plugin to the latest version it is totally up to him, that's the way he does business. 

The plugin has the info which software version it is compatible with, the users should just pay attention before buying, go through support area topics and of course take a look at the reviews the plugin has. We cannot influence devs to make plugin compatible. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 5 '16
ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Soon, very are going to implement new system for the store, when an item has  a lot of bad reviews it will be automatically suspended. for now we cannot do anything
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
I bought this when it first came out. There was no reviews yet.   It's not very idealistic to have paying customers be lab rats for the new plugins and if it fails it's just a loss?    

Is that how Oxwall really runs business?

I'm pretty sure the Better Business Bureau would not say that it is ok. I hold Oxwall responsible because I bought it from your store. I didn't make a private transaction off site. I demand something to be done about it. I don;t have time for little kid games.

Anitaku
Anitaku Feb 5 '16

Quote from JoshWho I paid $10.00 for this plugin and was promised of a new version that will allow admins to add what ever video streams they want to it. http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1203

This was in november 2015.  He said he got a fever and had to bed rest for a little bit. then December came along and still nothing. Now January and still nothing.   See Post Here  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/42690

OXWALL STAFF   

Please investigate this user.   Do not allow another purchase of this plugin until the developer comes up with the updated version of it,  Or please remove it from the store so no one else becomes a victim to it.

Oxwall obviously isn't going to involve themselves in an issue with their store, on their site, causing problems like the rest of the unmoderated plug ins scamming their community....lol

I would suggest opening a ticket with PayPal if you purchased it via that. 

ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Before appearing in the store, the plugin goes through the approval process. It is thorougly tested, however, after that we do not keep track of the plugin updates the dev does to it's functionality. the user should test the plugin before obtaining plugin and not rush with obtaining it. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
It never functioned. How did it pass a test?   It only has 3 static video feeds and no way to update it. False description of product.
Anitaku
Anitaku Feb 5 '16

Quote from ross Before appearing in the store, the plugin goes through the approval process. It is thorougly tested, however, after that we do not keep track of the plugin updates the dev does to it's functionality. the user should test the plugin before obtaining plugin and not rush with obtaining it. 
How does one test the plug in before purchasing it?
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16

Quote from Phil W
Quote from ross Before appearing in the store, the plugin goes through the approval process. It is thorougly tested, however, after that we do not keep track of the plugin updates the dev does to it's functionality. the user should test the plugin before obtaining plugin and not rush with obtaining it. 
How does one test the plug in before purchasing it?
Exactly.  especially if the plugin supposed to be editable through the admin panel. You can't test it unless you obtain a copy to use on your own site.  testing it on some ones demo site is only showing you the front end of it. I want to test the whole thing including the backend.
ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Test it on the demo of the dev, if the dev does not have the demo, ask him to arrange some testing environment. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
Well someone is giving me a refund. That's all I have to say. I do not take scams to easy. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
This is a shell plugin with some iframes built in it. I spent $10.00 for something i could just do with custom pages.
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
Im looking all around the developer area and I see no kind of rules there for anyone. No terms or conditions. No wonder why these people get away with scamming. There is nothing forcing them not to.
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 5 '16
i can not believe is got this far with so many scams in the store and no one has filed a law suit against oxwall
 theres heaps of plugins that have not worked from the day there were put in the store 

Quote from ross Test it on the demo of the dev, if the dev does not have the demo, ask him to arrange some testing environment. 

ross theres no dev hear that will answer anything in under 2 months some maybe in 6 months if your lucky 

ross Team
ross Feb 5 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 5 '16
then you have dev like games http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/170
the update is so stuffed up its not funny 

there needs to be more testing systems and a live demo environment 
that dev have to upload there plugins and run updates and so on before its allowed to be sold or updated 

every where you turn if its not oxwall with crazy updates that stuff your site up its crazy updates from dev 

its a huge mess that needs tidying up big time 

oxwall open your eyes 
when you stuffed the 1.6 update up how many ppl on forums post and look at the amount of readers on the post heaps

1.8.1 update stuff up and stuff all on forums and ppl reading them 

no one is use oxwall anymore every one has left 
even the dev have left 

oxwalls name is mud all over the net

oxwall had a good name and was going some where but you have let it slide into the bin
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '16
I actually was going to talk to my lawyer in the morning and see what he has to say about it. It makes no sense. When it is your company store it makes you responsible for anything being sold in it. Why do you think most businesses treat their customers better and not the devs?  Because they know they will get sued if the customer is not satisfied with the merchandise and nothing can be done about it. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 5 '16
i have warned oxwall over and over that one day it will happen 

they have known about it and done nothing 
any lawyer will have a field day with them 

i actual thought the first thing to happen would be google wipe oxwall of the face of the internet, one complaint to them and all hell would break loose  
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 5 '16

Quote from ross Test it on the demo of the dev, if the dev does not have the demo, ask him to arrange some testing environment. 
i have given proof to store moderators so many times that younett run different versions of plugins on there demo site ones that actually work
they then ask users to pay them extra to fix the plugin they sold them that dont work 

almost 3 years now and younett is still running there scam in OXWALL STORE 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 5 '16
or how about paru and video uploader plugin 
hmmm skatedate is use video uploader and it has the fixes that the plugin needs to be able to work

and paru has signed a contract with some one that he fixed the plugin for stating he can never fix video uploader plugin 

how many other plugins that are used on skadate have the dev signed contracts stating they can never fix there plugins in oxwall store 

Pages: 1 2 »