We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall under Wordpress ? Possible? Any httacess Issues ? | Forum

Martin Baso
Martin Baso Feb 10 '16
Dear Oxwall team

I installed Wordpress in  public_html

The main site www.mysite.com points to this wordpress installation.

I created another directory "testoxwall" under wordpress where I installed www.mysite.com/testoxwall.

The question is could  be there any conflict of wordpres root htaccess that anyhow changes influences behavior of the "testoxwall" folder where is the oxwall installation?

The oxwall site seems to work but I am not sure abut full functionality and security of Oxwall now.

Would be nice to know the answer, it would help also other users who wish to combime wordpress together with oxwall to make a more complex websites.

Thanks

Martin

ross Team
ross Feb 10 '16
If you did not make any customization to the default .htaccess file of Oxwall and website is running well, then everything should be ok. You can run into the problems if the wordpress is installed under oxwall, if oxwall is in the root and wordpress is in the subfolder, but in your case, everything should be ok. 
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Feb 11 '16
many thanks for your clarification, I hope this will help also other users willing to make more complex websites.