We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tag friends in newsfeed.... | Forum

Scott
Scott Feb 11 '16
Does anyone know of a programmer that can fix this plugin or someway to accomplish this same action.... 

The programmer seems to have abandoned oxwall and all of his plugins. 

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/967

Tecca
Tecca Feb 11 '16
The plugin isn't broken, it needs to be used in conjunction with this one: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/829
Scott
Scott Feb 12 '16
Both haven't been updated since 1.7.4

Are you running both now with no problems and if so what version of Oxwall are you running? 

Tecca
Tecca Feb 12 '16
Yup, I'm using both just fine on Oxwall 1.8.1, you can see my Oxwall installation in my profile.
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 12 '16
@autocomplete use to stuff photo uploads up and other thing in 1.7 

The other one use to stuff even more up in 1.7 so i fail to see how they would work in 1.8.1 

Tecca
Tecca Feb 12 '16
I can see how it can work, because it does.
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 12 '16
They must made some changes to photo uploads 

And i just tryed it on my test site  is complete fresh install yesterday and @autocomplete does not work at all 

Tecca
Tecca Feb 12 '16
I don't know what to say, seems you have a lot of problems with plugins. I get that Oxwall isn't anywhere near perfect, but many of the store plugins work fine on the latest version for a lot of people. I'm having zero problems using it, personally.

@Scott: I'd recommend messaging the author before paying for anything, and ask if it works with 1.8.1. If he says yes and it doesn't, get a refund.
HW
HW Feb 12 '16
@Bryan So what does the autocomplete plugin fix for the newsfeed trends plugin?  Does getting the autocomplete plugin fix the bug about notifications not leading to the right place when someone is tagged?  What is the relationship between the two, exactly?

The newsfeed trends plugin works ok for me on 1.8.0, aside from the bug I just mentioned (and it doesn't work in comments/replies, which would be nice, but oh well, I can live with that).
Scott
Scott Feb 12 '16
@bryan, I sent him a message...  No reply so far. 

Thanks for your response,  I will wait to hear from him. I would love to have this feature on my site as it helps to keep members engaged and returning to the site(as long as notifications are sent when someone is tagged.). 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 12 '16
bryan maybe you do not know how the plugin use to work 

go to ur profile on the new site and try it
try @tammy and see if the drop down box appears and you can select my name from the list

it has not worked since 1.7

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Feb 12 '16
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 12 '16
use firebug shows this error with it when try the @

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 12 '16
so by the sounds of it if you use php 5.3 the plugin should work 
ross Team
ross Feb 13 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Shaun
Shaun Feb 13 '16
I have this plugin and works fine for me. I am using 1.8.1
Scott
Scott Feb 14 '16
I tried it...  It does auto complete...  But it does not actually tag the person being mentioned. 
Tecca
Tecca Feb 14 '16
@Tammy, I'm running PHP 5.5.9, it also worked on 5.3 before I upgraded it.

@Scott: is there anything in your browser's error console? You can use something like Chrome Inspector or Firebug to check.
DeFender
DeFender Feb 14 '16
yes , it is working OK php5.5 and 1.8.1
Scott
Scott Feb 14 '16
I'll have to check that later Bryan.  I'm on my phone until tomorrow.  Right now it works tagging some members and some it does not. 

Haven't figured out a pattern or difference of the users it works on and the ones it doesn't. 

Strange. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 14 '16
@bryan yes it worked when i was on 5.3  i think im on 5.6 
Pages: 1 2 »