We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video uploader | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Feb 12 '16
Are any Oxwall developers even considering this?

I dont like to complain but this is so desperately needed for any decent community and it is also something I have seen asked for so much on here.

Throw us some hope. Guys we need this lol.

ross Team
ross Feb 13 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 13 '16
I will be releasing an option shortly. 
Shaun
Shaun Feb 14 '16
Good stuff.  Look forward to seeing what you come up with. 
Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)
Video uploader is a must have and Video Uploader plugin by Purusothaman is a poor alternative.
Shaun
Shaun Feb 15 '16
For the most part I have found Purus to be a good developer. I don't normally mind paying for his plugins and there is usually very good support on offer if you need it. I have a lot of his plugins and like them all but 1.

The Video plugin however has so many bad reviews and if the rumour about him being unable to fix the plugin due to undertaking private work and signing an agreement that expressly forbids him from fixing or properly updating the plugin are true then I simply don't want to pay for a plugin that has a very limited lifespan and will upset many of my members when I am forced to replace it. Causing them to loose there video's.

Oxwall Accessories have not let me down on plugins and support yet so i eagerly await their plugin and hope it wont be too long.

I love Oxwall despite the many bugs and I just can't understand why they not listening to their community regarding issues like this especially when it had so many votes on uservoice and has been on their road map longer than I can remember.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 18 '16
Should be released tonight. This video up loader works as a proxy for youtube. I am not sure your application will be a viable one shaun. It will host the videos on site and then transfer, store, and play videos with youtube. Users on the site will no longer have to mess with embed codes and time consuming processes. 

Shaun
Shaun Feb 19 '16
It's a very good idea and one I hope many will appreciate but as you say it probably won't be good for my site. 

Thanks for keeping me informed :-).  Good luck with it. 

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Feb 19 '16
Would lvoe this :) Oxwall Accessories .... Cant wait....!!!
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 25 '16
plugin has been released 
Stefenna Lucky
Stefenna Lucky Mar 2 '16
 simply don't want to pay for a plugin that has a very limited lifespan