We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User Uploaded Photo Moderation Feature Needed ASAP | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Eric
Eric Jun 1 '12
Hello,
     I love my oxwall site with a passion!!!! I appreciate having this software available to me, and I've been staying pretty active with figuring things out and helping other oxwall users by posting the problems I've had, as well as the solutions I've spent hours finding! So....with all that being said....

I am in desperate need of a photo moderation ability. People keep uploading nude, adult, or x-rated pictures to my website, and they automatically post. I've been asking for a photo moderation feature for a while. In my imagination, it would work like this....

When a user uploads a photo, instead of it posting right away, it's added to a moderation database (or table in an existing database). Then in the admin section, there should be a section called "moderation". When the admin user clicks on the moderation section, there are categories (photos, links, forum posts, etc.). Basically (in my opinion) the admin should have the ability to moderate EVERYTHING that is posted to the site by any user. So the admin would be able to turn on or off moderation for pictures, links, forum posts, etc. When these features are on, the admin would simply go to moderation, click on the category, and they will be presented with a list of pending moderations. For example, pictures would show something like this:

//Image goes here//                       --- Approve  --- Deny

When the user clicks approve, a message is sent to that user saying, "Your photo has been approved and posted to the site"
and when the admin clicks deny, a message is sent to that user saying, "We're sorry, the photo you uploaded violates our terms of service agreement, and was not approved for submission to our site. We do not allow any photos, pictures or images that depict any kind of sexual act, nudity, or are classified as being of an adult nature, or x-rated. We also do not allow images that depict suggestions or scenarios of an adult nature, or images that are suggestive of illegal activities, drugs, or images that are considered disgusting or grotesque. Furthermore, we reserve the right to approve or deny any images uploaded by any user, for any reason, but try our best to ensure a clean and safe web-browsing environment for all of our users."

I know, that's a bit much, but I'm just trying to to push hard for this photo moderation feature because I've had quite a few users complain about their kids seeing nude pics on my site, even after creating a splash page that disclaimed any adult images on the site, and basically said "if you are 18 or older click enter, otherwise leave".

Does anyone else have a need for a photo moderation feature...or link moderation, comment moderation, etc, etc.????
Joseph
Joseph Jun 3 '12
eric I would say add this to the uservoice panel and have people vote for it
Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 7 '12
Joseph is right - submit this suggestion at oxwall.uservoice.com and if it gets many votes, we will add it to the Oxwall.
Christer
Christer Sep 1 '13
This I also need,like today. Maybe a dev. like to do a plugin?Send me a message if any interest to make this.
The Forum post is edited by Christer Sep 1 '13
ross Team
ross Sep 2 '13
Chris, 

submit this suggestion at oxwall.uservoice.com and if it gets many votes, we will add it to the Oxwall.

Christer
Christer Sep 2 '13
Done now.
ross Team
ross Sep 2 '13
Ok, great