We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FIX: FTP Permissions Error When Updating Plugins/Themes | Forum

Mark
Mark Jun 2 '12
For anyone that is experiencing permission errors when using the in-built FTP program to update plugins or upload themes you should check with your host to ensure that you have CURL enabled.

I have just rebuilt apache (to install latest php) and enabled CURL this time around and now FTP works again in the admin.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe CURL is required for facebook login plugin, which is working fine for me. But FTP does not work. I am able to login using Filezilla FTP program but not in Oxwall with the login details.
Mark
Mark Jun 2 '12
FB connect with CURL, I had CURL SSL which is likely what FB connect used, have you checked for just CURL?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have already the latest version.

When I tried to install curl, its says I already have the latest version.

sudo apt-get install curl

Kerry
Kerry Jun 19 '12

I am having this issue I believe. Everytime I try and load the game package plug in I get a FTP error message saying I do not have permission to do that. I am getting real frutrated. I have entered the information every which way not sure what I am doing wrong?

I use fast domain as my host and teenbook.org is a sub domain of the main site registered there. Wondering if that is the issue.

Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 25 '12
Kerry, can you PM me your FTP and site admin panel access details?
Das
Das Oct 7 '13
I have the same problem.

i have found this...

When trying to user the ftp_mkdir, or ftp_chdir I've noticed that some servers like the entire path such as

/usr/local/home/username/sitename/directory/

and other servers, want you to use the path from the initial login, such as just /sitename/directory/

I have must recode the ftp.php in the ow_utilities...
Networking Technologies LLC
Hi, I am having the same issue, Help please!
ross Team
ross Apr 3 '14
Make sure that you use the same user for updating plugins/themes which you used while installing the software
Networking Technologies LLC
it was a auto install with softculous, i get a blank page

thank you
ross Team
ross Apr 7 '14
Please enable debug mode and copy the errors here as we need to see actual errors in order to assist you. If you still get the blank page, see your server error logs and copy them here as well.