We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can I translate the language file manually? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
WOO
WOO Feb 16 '16
Can I translate the language file manually instead of do it in admin page?

Which language file store the final language data?

Thanks!

Steve

Rusty Nails
Rusty Nails Feb 16 '16
Hello 

Yes you can translate language manually.

Steps:

1- Login to your admin panel 

2- Left menu Click on  Settings -> Languages

3- Click on "Available Languages" at the top

4- Under "Active languages" you will see English , hover your mouse on it then Click on "CLONE"

5- Clone Language pop up box will popup, complete it as with language name and language ISO tag. Once you are done, Click on "Activate" for the new language that you have cloned.

6- Go to your website root directory and go to \ow_pluginfiles\base

You will find file named :  lang_1.php   this is your original English language file (don't touch it)

You will also find other file(s) for the new language that you have cloned. e.g. lang_10.php

7-Open that file lang_10.php with Notepad++ software , download it from here

it is very import to use Notepad++ because it allows you to save files in UTF-8

8- After opening your file in Notepad++ Click on "Encoding" from the top menu then choose "Encode in UTF-8 without BOM"   This is very important.

9- do your changes directly to that file and you are done.

Method 2:

Follow above steps from 1 to 5

Look at the top of the page and click on "Edit Language" 

Underneath it should say "You are editing" English  ==> change it to the new language and start search for what you want to edit and edit it from admin panel

I personally prefer Method 1 because it is fast and quick

Thank you

ross Team
ross Feb 16 '16
Yes, you can translate files manually. 

check this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/39093

please do the search before posting anything on the forum

WOO
WOO Feb 16 '16

Yes, method 1  is fast and quick. But there is no original reference language (English). In admin page, you can do translation job with reference. So it is better to choose the ways depend on the situation.

Anyway, I know the ways to do it! Thanks a lot!

If no this answer, I even try to study the xml files.

macallister
macallister Jun 24 '23
Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Comment vendre sur amazon ?
macallister
macallister Jun 27 '23
Kudos meant for giving you newly released tweets regarding the headache, That i will enjoy look over even more. ทำเว็บหวย
macallister
macallister Jun 28 '23
You could be allowed to put up manufacturers, except for shortcuts, in the event that they've been recognized not to mention concerning content. https://sites.google.com/view/enter-hotmail/hotmail-login
dilohew393
dilohew393 Jul 3 '23
This can be neat article along with i like to to learn to read this specific article. your site can be amazing so you get very good staff members as part of your web site. wonderful expressing continue the good work.หวยออนไลน์ เว็บ นาคราช
macallister
macallister Jul 4 '23
I actually came out on your site when concentrating on just simply marginally submits. Awesome technique for upcoming, I'll be book-marking right away stop a person's entire rises. K8cc
dilohew393
dilohew393 Jul 5 '23
Buy real sex dolls online, the best TPE silicone dolls in SoSexDoll, free shipping for lifelike realistic sex dolls, hot offenders adult sex shop near merealistic sex doll
dilohew393
dilohew393 Jul 9 '23
I might point out in which it is a a fantastic submit of your fantastic particular person, now i'm pleased to notice this kind of.Reparaturbestätigung & Nutzungsausfall
dilohew393
dilohew393 Jul 10 '23
IMPACT se is an organization that analyzes schoolbooks and curricula for compliance with UNESCO defined standards on peace and tolerance Here you get articles related to education, terrorism, and moredirect impact
fegec39300
fegec39300 Jul 12 '23
We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. 百家樂
macallister
macallister Jul 12 '23
Remarkable content, decided in front of you and additionally book marked your blog post. Document can’t simply wait to read a great deal more right from you will. how to remove gum
dilohew393
dilohew393 Jul 15 '23
Die Naturkontak Kollektion bietet Ihnen eine breite Auswahl an Barfußschuhen, die höchste Sensibilität und Funktionalität für den täglichen Gebrauch bietenwasserdichte socken
fegec39300
fegec39300 Jul 15 '23
I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. alien labs
juliyajohnson
juliyajohnson Jul 17 '23
Fuego curates all of its cannabis derived terpenes in-house for our entire fuego delta 8 product line. With a full focus ongenetics and phenom types this ensures they make all their flavors true to the genetics. Fuego uses only the best testing facilities and ensures the highest standards possible ensuring a safe and reliable Delta-8 solution to every customer.
juliyajohnson
juliyajohnson Jul 17 '23
HQD Cuvie Plus disposable vape is a revolutionary device. The Cuvie Plus Vape also features a comfortable mouthpiece for the final vape experience. With a capacity of 950mAh battery along with a power range of 7-12W as well as more than 1200 puffs lasting! Cuvie Disposable has enriched flavors that stand-alone itself from the competition. It also boasts a sleek aluminum case, delivering a sophisticated look. Comes with size: 28 x 18 x 101mm & 2 weight 20g & 45g category. The user also enjoys an input Voltage of 3.7V with an e-liquid capacity: of 5.0ml and 50mg/ml concentration at an affordable price. Buy HQD products of cheap disposable via order online from VAPE STAR USA, where fulfillment-customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
dilohew393
dilohew393 Jul 19 '23
Great Missenden Airport Taxis is available 24 7 Hours We are the only taxi company in Great Missenden that is providing quality Servicesdelivery taxi service
macallister
macallister Jul 19 '23
Hindi Desi Serial Bigg Boss 17 Watch All New Episodes Online By Indian Channel Colors Tv, Bigg Boss 17 Live Show Today Latest Episode HD Video Bigg Boss 17 Today Episode
Pages: 1 2 »